Employer: Yarrow Heights School
Due to exceptional upcoming demand, we are looking for a Maths Teacher who:
- Has a passion for working with children and young people
- Ideally has worked with children in an SEN setting
- Has an absolute enthusiasm for teaching Maths.
- Has a teaching qualification.
- Has a degree in Maths or related subject.
Personally, you will:
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have exceptional time management and organisational skills
- Be extremely self-motivated
- Have a secure understanding of safeguarding children and equality
- Be reliable, resilient with an excellent attendance record
- Be a strong team player
- Be versatile
- Thrive in a hardworking, yet supportive and friendly workplace.
Is this you? Then we would welcome your application!
We also welcome applications from unqualified or inexperienced teachers – we provide regular and bespoke in-house training for UQTs, who are given extra PPA time to observe lessons and share good practice. We have also partnered with the University of Chichester and HISP to support staff who want to gain qualified teacher status or complete their ECT process.
Why work for Yarrow Heights?
We can offer you:
- A highly competitive salary, depending on experience and relevant qualifications.
- A school which puts children, a calm environment, and staff wellbeing at the top of their agenda.
- Be part of an Ofsted OUTSTANDING School (Nov 2022) to share in best practices from other professionals.
- 30% PPA time per week.
- Discounted Gym membership.
- A pension.
- A free lunch.
- Free parking.
- A cohesive team of people who work together collaboratively and communicate effectively, keeping pupils at the centre of everything we do.
About us –
Yarrow Heights School is a mixed 7-16, local authority funded, SEN day school for children, most of who have high functioning ASD.
At Yarrow Heights every pupil is valued and treated as an individual and with respect. We are a team with extensive experience and expertise in special education and therapeutic support for pupils whose needs can no longer be met in a mainstream provision. The vision of our school is to nurture aspiration, develop resilience and empower learning. It is centred on our single desire to make a positive, lifelong difference to the lives of our pupils.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Southampton, SO18 1FS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
We would be proud to give you a tour of our truly special school. You will need to complete an application to be considered for this role so please contact us on 02382 122148 for an application pack or if you have any questions.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with Disclosure & Barring Service and at least 2 references which cover the last 3 years, and we will need to request references from where you have previously worked with Children. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our Schools.