TRAINEE SEN TEACHER
Teachers will support pupils with autism and related disabilities using behaviourally based instruction (ABA) and positive reinforcement techniques to accelerate learning. Working within small classes on a 1 to 1 basis, you will use specialised support plans to help our pupils meet their individual needs and achieve their full potential. You will design, plan and deliver teaching sessions to encourage pupils learning and progression as well as improve their social and emotional development. Jigsaw will provide comprehensive practical and theoretical training, alongside a clear career pathway in SEN teaching, within a very friendly and supportive environment.
You will make a difference to our pupils by
- Supporting participation in social, leisure and educational activities
- Encouraging and enabling learning and development in all aspects of daily life
- Facilitating and supporting pupils’ decision making and promoting choice
- Collecting, recording and analysing data to monitor progress and improve learning programme
We offer our teachers
- The chance to work in a friendly, supportive and nurturing environment
- Support and regular supervision from the country’s leading CABAS experts
- Highly supported training and CPD programme
- The benefit of working 1 on 1 with pupils within small class sizes
- The chance to work alongside an in-house team of Occupational and SaLT Therapists
- Attendance of local and international professional conference
Fully funded training opportunities including
• CABAS Teacher Training and Completion of CABAS Ranks
• Registered Behaviour Technician Qualification
• Industry training – Crisis Intervention, Epilepsy, Administering Medication, Safeguarding & First Aid
• Completion of the UK ABA Education Competence Framework
• NVQ Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
• Board Certified Behaviour Analyst Certification
• Masters in High Incident Disabilities and ABA
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following personal attributes
- Minimum Grade C or Grade 4 GCSE in English Language & Maths or equivalent
- Experience of working with children or young adults from 4 – 19 years
- Knowledge, Interest or Experience of working with special educational needs, Autism Spectrum Disorders and related disabilities
- Ability to work as part of a team and build good working relationships with pupils, carers, parents and staff
- Ability to keep accurate records and reports to produce accurate graph data
- A positive, patient, caring and can-do attitude
Salary: £15,972pa plus extensive CPD and benefits package. Regular salary progression based on completion of training
Contract terms: 34.75 hours per week – Monday to Friday 9am to 4.30 pm (Tuesday to 5.30pm)
Annual Leave: 44 days paid holiday plus bank holidays Free on-site parking
ABOUT JIGSAW SCHOOL
Jigsaw Trust is a registered charity established in 1999. It started with Jigsaw School and now has provision for 68 pupils aged between 4 and 19 years old. Jigsaw is proud to be rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted and is lucky enough to have one of the country’s leading experts in CABAS as our Director of Education. Jigsaw is the only fully CABAS accredited school in the UK. The CABAS (Comprehensive Application of Behaviour Analysis to Schooling) approach uses a learner driven science of teaching to accelerate independent learning and pupils’ ability to learn in new ways. At Jigsaw Trust we work hard to make a significant difference to the lives of our pupils, their families and friends. If you would like to join us and embark on a fulfilling career, we want to hear from you.
How to apply
To apply for this role, download and complete an application form found at careersatjigsaw.co.uk/application-form.
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact the HR department by email email@example.com or telephone 01483 273874.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidate will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Please note that interview and start dates are flexible.
Location: Dunsfold Park, Stovolds Hill, Cranleigh, Surrey, GU6 8TB
Closing date: 30th August 2019