Location: Quay View School, Yelverton, Devon, PL20 7EX
Priory Group Division: Education & Children’s Services
Vacancy Type: Permanent – Full Time
Hours: 37.5 per week
Closing date: 2 January 2019
Priory Education and Children’s Services is a leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK.
With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
Quay View School is a vibrant, diverse school which specialises in high quality educational provision for boys and girls aged between 7-19 with ASD, ADHD and Learning Difficulties
Due to the increased number of students, we are looking for exceptional individuals to be part of a growing team of professionals. It would be advantageous to have had experience in this type of setting although training would be given.
Under the direction of teaching colleagues effectively supports the delivery of learning to all the learners and young people in accordance with corporate policy and local procedures, statutory regulations and quality standards.
- Contributes to the effective implementation of individual programmes by supporting the teaching and learning experiences, which enhance the learning and development of Learners and Young People.
- Assists with the management of the learning environment ensuring any significant behavioural or physical occurrences are promptly addressed and reported, referring to a senior member of staff as appropriate.
- Assists senior staff by contributing to the development of care and learning plans. Understand the requirement for and contribute to the preparation of incident and other reports and updates daily records and logs as required,
- Maintains professional relationships whilst developing a good rapport with learners and young people, colleagues, visitors and other stakeholders.
- Through own professional conduct, including adhering to policies and procedures, contributes to the maintenance of safety, security and confidentiality standards.
To apply visit our website: https://jobs.priorygroup.com/vacancies/23948 or for more information please contact the school on 01822 840379.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Please be prepared to provide relevant references for this role- Our children’s homes require references for all employment where you have worked with young people/vulnerable adults. For all other roles we require 5 years of employment/education references.