‘Make yourself necessary’ and build your career at St Edward’s School.
St Edward’s is a day and residential special school providing education and care for boys aged 9 – 18 who experience social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH).
St Edward’s has been consistently rated by Ofsted as Outstanding or Good as to both its care and educational provision.
It is an exciting time to join St Edward’s School, pupil numbers are expanding and we need experienced and highly motivated staff to join our committed team.
We require a Teaching Assistant to join our team of TAs who provide direct support for pupils with social, emotional and mental health needs, both in the classroom and in the wider context of the school.
You should have experience of working with pupils with a range of learning difficulties. Applicants must possess excellent communications skills and have levels of competency in English, Mathematics and ICT.
The vision of St Edward’s School and as such, the intent of the curriculum, is to be able to provide every child with access to an accredited education at a level appropriate to them, further tailored to meet their needs with opportunities for vocational learning. This combined with support to help them to learn strategies to deal with the anxiety and challenges they face, which impact on their self-belief, will enable them to succeed in education and beyond.
Contract: Permanent contract; 33.5 hours per week, term time only.
TA Salary range: Commensurate to experience.
As an established and innovative school, set in 200 acres of beautiful Hampshire countryside, there are fantastic opportunities for the right person.
Benefits and Support
- Focus on staff well-being.
- Employee Assistance Programme (legal and tax advice, stress counselling and health information).
- Experienced staff working together for the benefit of pupils. High staff retention has fostered a welcoming and cohesive community.
- Free lunch provided during term time.
- Free on-site parking.
- Full induction package, supportive CPD and excellent career progression opportunities. We encourage staff to pursue advancement in their own professional development.
- Positive teaching environment where the staff believe that it is possible for all pupils at the school to develop and grow as learners and young people.
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme.
- Use of school facilities, including a Fitness Suite, Swimming Pool, Sports Hall and Multi-Purpose Games Area, outside of school hours.
- Very well-resourced, welcoming and supportive environment.
St Edward’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
St Edward’s is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Please visit our website for an application pack:
Please note: CVs are not an acceptable alternative to a fully completed application form.
We strongly encourage candidates to visit and view the school’s website before submitting an application.
Closing date: Thursday 7th July 2022
Interview date: Wednesday 13th or Thursday 14th July 2022
Please note that we may close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applicants.