Teacher of Workskills/Asdan
Location Unsted Park School & Sixth Form, Munstead Heath Road, Godalming, Near Guildford, Surrey, GU7 1UW
Priory Group Division Education & Children’s Services
Vacancy Type Permanent – Full Time
Salary from NQT to M4 (£31,778) plus SEN allowance of £2,270 paHours32.5 hours per week
Aspris Children’s Services (an independent company which was formally Priory Education and Children’s Services) is one of the UK’s leading independent providers of specialist care and education for a reason. We recruit some of the most committed teachers in the sector.
Unsted Park School is a specialist residential and day school/6th form college for children and young people with high functioning Autistic Spectrum Condition (some EHCPs still state Aspergers). We are committed to providing the highest level of education and care in a safe, positive environment that enables each individual to achieve his or her maximum potential.
The focus of the whole school approach is in three core areas: education, independence and inclusion. Based on these core areas we provide individual, child-centred programmes which recognise individual abilities and strengths and help students to reach their full potential.
The post holder will be required to teach Work Skills across the secondary and post 16 cohorts of the school.
- To provide leadership of their area of responsibility sharing its drive and outcomes across the staff team;
- Provide outstanding learning opportunities for all pupils;
- Provide regular reporting to the schools SLT with regards to specific area of responsibility;
- Support the SLT in implementing the schools polices and ethos;
- Ensure effective use of resources and allocated budget to meet the needs of the pupils and designated responsibility;
- To provide, where required, whole school leadership and oversight of the directed area of responsibility;
The post will suit professional individuals who are prepared to work flexibly in a vibrant, caring and supportive environment.
Closing Date: 28th October 2021
To apply, please follow the attached link: https://jobs.priorygroup.com/vacancies/53345/teacher_of_workskillsasdan
It would be beneficial for all candidates to visit the school prior to applying so that they can appreciate the responsibilities of this post and meet members of the Senior Leadership Team.
It is a requirement of the post holder that candidates must have previous experience of working with pupils with SEN as well as experience of whole school practices and initiatives.
What do you get in return?
- A generous salary
- Being part of a company that invests in you and your team for personal and professional development
- Reward and discount schemes
- Enhanced DBS fee paid
- Access to a holiday package
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing support
Aspris Education & Children’s Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Aspris Education and Children’s services will cover the cost of a DBS.