SPEECH AND LANGUAGE THERAPIST
Location: Midway between Guildford and Horsham
Actual Salary range: £22,343 – £38,434
Part time/flexible working considered
Do you want to plan and provide interventions to your own caseload in a ‘hands on’ role?
Join our team
We are seeking Speech and Language Therapists who want to implement the therapy that they have developed and devised. You’ll need to be compassionate, flexible and motivated and want to make a positive impact on the communication and wellbeing of our 70 students. They are aged between 5 and 19 years with needs including autism, language and communication disorders and moderate to complex learning difficulties. Some of our students are residential.
Our Therapists assess, develop and deliver therapy to students in small groups and on a one to one basis. Our department comprises Dramatherapists, Music Therapists, Art Therapists and Occupational Therapists, all supported by a team of Therapy Assistants. We have an embedded therapies approach in which we work in partnership alongside our education staff. This enables us to plan together and share best practice for the benefit of our students and offers invaluable therapy experience.
- Devise, develop and implement therapy for individuals and small groups of students
- Manage your own caseload of students (approx. 18), setting targets for them on a termly basis
- Assess students on admission and for annual reviews
- Supervise the work of Therapy Assistants
- Be HCPC registered and belong to the RCSLT
- Be given regular supervision, mentoring and support
Why St Joseph’s?
- Regular opportunities for specialist training and up-dating
- 33 days paid holiday including public holidays
- Free lunch during term time
- Comprehensive 5 day induction programme
- Employee assistance service (confidential, professional wellbeing and counselling 24/7 service)
- Local leisure centre discount on gym, swim and classes.
- Based on a beautiful 23 acre site on the edge of the Surrey Hills.
The salary range for this role is based on 37 hours per week, 52 weeks a year. In practice, therapist hours are compressed into term time only working (plus 5 In-service training days each academic year).
Deadline for applications is 12 noon on Monday 3rd June 2019.
How to apply
If you would like an informal discussion about the role, please contact Karen May, Director of Therapies email@example.com or telephone 01483 272449.
For an application pack (including form, job profile and person specification), please visit us at www.st-josephscranleigh.surrey.sch.uk/recruitment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Own transport desirable.
St Joseph’s Specialist Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This position requires an enhanced DBS disclosure.