Speech and Language Therapist
Permanent Term Time +4 weeks
37.5 Hours per week – Monday to Friday
Salary scale: £29,739 – £35,924 (Pro rata Band 6)
Start date – September 2022, subject to satisfactory recruitment checks being completed
Wargrave House Limited operates a 38 weekly day non-maintained special school and independent specialist college for 5 to 25 year olds. We have an excellent reputation for delivering outstanding education and care to autistic individuals.
We invite applications from Speech and Language Therapists with experience in working with autistic Children and Young People.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Speech and Language Therapist to join our hardworking committed multi-disciplinary team.
The successful candidate will:
- Be dynamic, innovative and flexible with an interest in working and developing your skills in an educational / residential setting
- Have an interest in facilitating 1:1 and group sessions to develop speech, language and communication skills
- Have understanding of working with autistic individuals and/or learning disabilities and/or with children/adults in an education, health or care setting.
- Be knowledgeable in Augmentative & Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Be experienced in training and facilitating staff and other groups
- Have excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
- Be committed to your own professional development
If you are committed to providing the very best to support positive outcomes for our young people, we would welcome an application from you. A full job description and personal specification can be found on our website. Visits are site are welcomed.
In return, we offer a Group Personal Pension, subsidised lunch, Employee Assist Programme, additional annual leave for long service, company sick pay and enhanced maternity pay.
In order to work for Wargrave House Limited, you must have undertaken (evidence to be provided) or be willing to have a COVID19 vaccination, unless medically except
Please visit our website at Wargravehouse.com for more details and an application pack. Applications will only be accepted on the official application form and should be emailed to email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday, 5th June 2022 – 11:59pm
Interviews: Friday 17th June 2022 – Time to be confirmed
Wargrave House Limited operates a safe recruitment process. Appointment to the post will be subject to suitable references and an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check. Wargrave House Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.