Speech and Language Therapist
Meadows School, London Road, Southborough, Kent, TN4 0RJ
Two days per week, flexible hours, term time only
Meadows School is a successful non-maintained residential and day special school run by Barnardo’s. Meadows works with students aged 7-11 (off-site), 11-16 and 16-19 (adjoined site). All students have an EHCP for Social, Emotional and Mental Health. We are situated in Southborough, between the towns of Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells.
The school roll is expanding and consequently we require a new team member, in order to keep waiting times for the SLT service to a minimum. You will be working alongside an experienced Speech and Language Therapist, and will be an integral part of the school’s Wellbeing Services Team (including SLT, Clinical Psychology, Counselling, OT and support staff). However, you will need to demonstrate autonomy and the ability to work independently.
The role will entail:
- Working with a caseload of vulnerable young people with a range of different speech, language and communication needs
- Assessment, planning and intervention, in a dynamic manner
- Working flexibly and effectively in challenging situations and demonstrating patience, tolerance, humour and resilience
- Collaborating with staff throughout the school in order to best support pupils’ communication needs
- Providing young people with consistency, enhancing their well-being and feelings of safety
Our school is committed to safeguarding, equality and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and good working references.
Visits to the school are encouraged.
Closing Date 24th February 2020