Speech and Language Therapist
A fantastic opportunity for a Speech and Language Therapist to join a friendly, multidisciplinary therapy team. In this unique role, you will benefit from fully funded training and development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge, working 1 to 1 to provide specialist, direct and indirect therapy for pupils with autism and related disabilities.
Salary: £24,214 – £37,267 pa (Band 5/6) Dependent on experience) plus extensive CPD and benefits package
Contract terms: 34.75 hours per week – Monday to Friday, 9.00 to 16.30 (Tuesday to 17.30) Part time also considered
Annual Leave: 44 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
Based in the Jigsaw CABAS® School, you will work closely with other therapists and teachers to provide specialist direct and indirect therapy for pupils and young adults with autism and related disabilities. Your work will include addressing receptive and expressive language, attention and listening difficulties, as well as difficulties with social interaction, communication and functional life skills.
You will make a difference by:
- Supporting and developing pupils’ ability to attend to people and develop their receptive and expressive communication skills
- Helping support a total communication environment to include the use of visuals and modified language use
- Making recommendations and adaptations to the pupil’s environment to support total communication
- Supporting pupils to develop appropriate social interaction skills with adults and peers
- Helping to develop functional language skills and independence
We offer our Speech and Language Therapists:
- The chance to work in a friendly and supportive environment
- The opportunity of working 1 to 1 with pupils within small sized classes
- Training in behaviour analysis
- Registered Behaviour Technician qualification
- Funded membership of relevant specialist interest group/clinical excellence network
- Ongoing clinical supervision
- Relevant training and CPD
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Recognised Speech and Language Therapy degree/qualification
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) license to practice
- Member of the Royal College of Speech & Language Therapists
- Interest in special educational needs and austim spectrum disorder
- Clinical experience and working knowledge of pediatrics
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience in writing reports to contribute towards Annual Reviews and Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP)
Jigsaw Trust is a registered charity committed to raising awareness of autism and to providing facilities, services and resources for the education, integration, guidance, assessment, outreach and support of people affected by autism.
The Trust manages the Jigsaw CABAS School rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted, educating pupils aged 4-19 years, JigsawPlus providing a specialist day provision that supports adults from the age of 18+, Café on the Park a social enterprise offering adults and young people a variety of work experience and volunteering opportunities tailored to their individual abilities and tolerances, and Jigsaw GARDENworks a horticultural enterprise enabling learners of all ages to embark on a range of outdoor activities.
Jigsaw CABAS School has one of the country’s leading experts in CABAS as our Director of Education and is the only fully CABAS accredited school in the UK.
FIND OUT MORE & APPLY:
To view the job description and download an application form to apply with, please visit our careers website at: https://jigsawtrust.co.uk/current-vacancies/
If you have any questions, you can contact the HR Department via email at email@example.com
Closing date: 17th July 2020
Jigsaw is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. All positions will require an enhanced DBS check (the cost of which will be paid by Jigsaw), ID check, satisfactory references and proof of qualifications.