Speech and Language Therapist (Full and Part Time)
40 hours per week – Monday to Friday
NHS Band 5
Flexible hours, based on individual learners’ needs
(Term Time Only)
St. John’s School and College, is a specialist SEN setting for young people with learning disabilities and autism, based with sea-views on the coast of East Sussex. Our school is based in the tranquil location of Seaford and our college in the vibrant seaside of Brighton.
Are you a resilient, proactive and passionate Speech and Language Therapist? Come and join our skilled and expert Medical Therapy team in our diverse organisation.
Who are we?
St. John’s is not just a workplace, it is a community. We offer high quality education and care for young people aged 5-25, with a range of special education needs. We are proud to have achieved the below:
- Autism Accredited Organisation
- Mindful Employer Committed 2020
- Disability Confident Committed Employer 2020
The role of the Specialist Speech & Language Therapist is important in ensuring that the School and College meets the educational, social, emotional and physical needs of all pupils and learners.
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation to ensure exchange of information and delivery of a co-ordinated multi-disciplinary service.
- Contribute to projects concerning Speech and Language Therapy Service delivery for planning and quality and promote positive employee relations within the department and teams.
- Communicate complex and sensitive condition related information in an accessible way to, carers, families and members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Write reports and provide written and verbal advice to others reflecting knowledge regarding the management and care of our learners with a range of communication difficulties and maintain case notes that reflect the full nature of the clinical decision making processes.
- Form productive relationships with others who may be under stress and/or have challenging communication difficulties.
Do you want to work in an organisation that is positive about mental health and equality?
We pride ourselves in our dedication to our employees’ wellbeing in the workplace, career development and further training.
Benefits of working at St. John’s School and College:
- Free healthcare cash plans – claim back on dental and health expenditures.
- Free training, career development and qualifications covered by the charity.
- Cinema, wellbeing, gym and health discounts.
- Continuous opportunities for developing into management roles.
- Dedication to our employees’ mental wellbeing, including a wellbeing drop-in service, free counselling and occupational health specialist confidential sessions.
The successful applicant must be registered with the Health Professions Council (HPC) and be a member of Royal College of Speech & Language Therapists (RCSLT). Ideally you should have experience of working in an educational setting with young people with a range of diagnoses.
St. John’s is committed to the safeguarding and protection of young people, vulnerable adults and children.
Employment will be subject to the receipt of two satisfactory professional references, an enhanced DBS certificate and occupational health clearance.
We encourage applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion
Closing date: 21st February 2020