Speech and Language Therapist – Band 6
Pield Heath House School is a non-maintained day/residential school for children and young people aged 7-19 with severe learning difficulties, complex needs and associated speech and language disorders.
Hours: 40 hours per week, 42 weeks per year (term time plus additional 3 weeks during the school holidays)
Salary Scale: Band 6: NJC Scale Point 25 – 32 £31,365 – £37,890 per annum dependent on experience
Start Date: ASAP
We are looking for a motivated, flexible and innovative Band 6 therapist to work with our students. The therapist will join our growing speech and language therapy department in promoting the holistic development of independence and functional skills informed by the latest evidence-based practices and to be accountable for delivering a quality service. Our streams of provision focus on interventions that support difficulties with feeding, speech, language, social communication and developing Augmentative & Alternative Communication (AAC) at universal, targeted and specialist levels across a 24-hour curriculum.
The Pield Heath Speech and Language Therapy department is a friendly, motivated team who strive to provide high quality therapy to the diverse population of the London Borough of Hillingdon.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Confidence, enthusiasm and a passion for learning.
- An ability to work closely with Therapists from other disciplines in order to integrate SaLT goals into the educational setting.
- The ability to build good working relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers.
- Knowledge of clinical assessment, treatment planning and implementation of therapy programmes.
- An independent approach and be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of standardised assessment and clinical observation.
- The ability to promote positive behaviour in a nurturing environment is essential.
This role is an opportunity to develop as a clinician while gaining experience in an educational setting, as we offer excellent support through clinical supervision, a commitment to CPD and a variety of training opportunities. Our team is dedicated in forging a unique collaborative approach to special education by embedding the expertise of the speech and language therapy profession in a meaningful way that does not compromise the quality of the service. You will work closely with teaching staff, helping to integrate therapy and learning objectives, as well as instructing and supporting teaching staff in delivering therapy programmes/groups and use of specialised equipment.
Can you, as part of a team and individually, be an advocate for making learning accessible in order to meet our student’s needs, develop their potential and make a positive impact on their quality of life within and outside of their school career?
In return we can offer you:
- A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards.
- Excellent supportive staff committed to achieving exceptionally high standards.
- Continuous Professional Development Opportunities and Career progression.
- A welcoming friendly community providing opportunity to work with a fantastic group of young people.
Parking is available on site as well as nearby access to both train (Metropolitan and Piccadilly Lines) and bus services
Posts working with children and/or vulnerable adults will be subject to an enhanced DBS. Pield Heath House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be requested in advance for shortlisted candidates.
If you feel you have the skills, experience and drive to take on this role and become a member of our team, we would very much like to hear from you.
Further details can be found on our website; www.pieldheathschool.org.uk
Closing date for applications: Monday 7th June 2021
Interviews week beginning: Monday 14th June 2021