Clervaux Garden School is located near Clow Beck in Darlington. The 100-acre site, with Clow Beck flowing through it, has been farmed for over 800 years.
The Meadows home is a beautiful farmhouse 17 miles from the school site; it is located on the outskirts of a small village making it a peaceful haven for young people, aged 10-19, who need a nurturing and homely environment. The home offers four residential placements, between 38 and 52 weeks, for any young people accessing educational day provisions at Clervaux Garden School. We work in partnership with the school to ensure the young person’s needs are met.
For over 30 years, Ruskin Mill Trust has provided Specialist Independent Education to children and adults with complex needs including learning difficulties, autistic spectrum conditions and disabilities. Our provisions offer both day and residential placements and applications. Inspired by Aonghus Gordon using the insights of Rudolf Steiner, John Ruskin and William Morris, Ruskin Mill Trust works with hand, head, heart and place to provide students with the tools to transform material and in doing so transform themselves.
Salary Range: £21,524.99 – £23,273.93 per annum including a market supplement.
Senior Residential Support Worker
Sleep-ins paid an extra £78.48 per night. This equates to approximately £3,500 additional payment when working 1 sleep-inshift per week.
40 hours per week for 52 weeks per year
The vacancy is subject to a ‘Welcome Bonus’. The successful applicant will receive a one-off payment of £1,500 on completion of six-month probation.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Residential Support Worker to support our Meadow’s home in Darlington.
The key duties of this role will include:
- Supervision of allocated Residential Support Workers to implement the daily operational needs of a safe residential house whilst ensuring there is a high quality of care in a homely environment and appropriate levels of supervision for the young people in residence.
- Input into the preparation and implementation of PBS plans of the young people and their progress reports, keeping accurate and high quality records.
- To be line manager for a number of Residential Support Workers, providing induction, training and formal supervision for residential support workers in their team.
We would be keen to hear from applicants with:
- A QCF level 3 in Care or equivalent qualifications and a supervisory/ team leading qualification and experience of first line management is desirable.
- Ideally, you will be an experienced support worker who has worked in a residential setting and/ or worked with children and young people with challenging behaviours.
- You may be required to provide personal care, therefore it would be beneficial for you to have experience of this as well as medication handling experience.
- You will have excellent communication skills, as well as experience of report writing and record keeping.
In return, you will receive the following Salary & Benefits:
- 33-38 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- Free lunches during term time
- Free onsite parking
- A comprehensive induction enabling you to completely experience the crafts within the curriculum and experience the student journey
- Company Pension Scheme
- Enhanced family friendly procedures
From 11 November 2021, it is a mandatory requirement that anyone who works inside a Care Quality Commission (CQC) registered care home in England must be fully vaccinated against coronavirus (COVID-19), unless they are exempt under the regulations. Therefore this role is only available for those who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or those who are exempt.
The post is subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for both Adults and Children, a medical check, evidence of qualifications, plus verification of the right to work in the UK. Clervaux Garden School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: 18th February 2022