Senior Lead EHCP & LAC, Insights Independent School, Ealing, London
Location – 3-5 Alexandria Road, West Ealing, W5 2UA
Vacancy Type – Permanent – Full time
Insights Independent School is looking for an experienced and self-motivated professional to join the Senior Leadership Team. The role is to provide support to the School Director in the development, implementation and monitoring of student EHCPs, PEPs and associated learning and support plans to ensure that the school and skills academy provides high quality teaching, learning and associated activities to enable all pupils/students to achieve their full potential.
The successful candidate will have experience of providing learning and social skills programmes for students with ADHD, ASC, ODD and Mental Health.
The Senior Lead will ensure that the school upholds its duties according to the SEN Code of Practice. The candidate will be the Designated Lead for LAC and deputy DSL. The ideal candidate will also have an understanding of inspection frameworks and be able to ensure that the school demonstrates best practice.
The post holder will support a curriculum area with a teaching/training commitment of a minimum of 5 hours per week and will support the vision, ethos and policies of the school and promote high levels of achievement.
The successful candidate will need:
- Degree level qualification
- Postgraduate qualification in Education/Therapy
- Leadership qualifications or experience
- Previous experience of working in an SEN setting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- National award in SEN Coordination will be an advantage
- 17 training/CPD days each academic year.
- Staff are supported financially for courses/qualifications that enhance their performance up to 50%
- NQT Assessment leading to QTS
- Massage/aroma therapy (free facility)
- BUPA Private Healthcare including optical and dental care (following 6mths employment)
- Emotional health and well-being confidential support/counselling (free facility)
- Assisted Gym membership
- Workplace pension
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday, 13th March 2020
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.
Insights School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references from previous employers and a DBS check at an Enhanced level, including the Barred Lists.