Location: Quay View School, Yelverton, Devon, PL20 7EX
Priory Group Division: Education & Children’s Services
Vacancy Type: Permanent – Full Time
Salary: up to £33,824 depending on experience + SEN allowance
Closing Date: 28/02/2019
Priory Education and Children’s Services is a leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK.
With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
We have a vacancy for an experienced SEN Teacher to join our staff team at Quay View School in Bere Alston. We also have two further vacancies for experience SEN Teachers to work between our two schools, Quay View School and Tor View School in Tavistock.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent classroom practice
- Be an outstanding teacher with a proven track record of working with children with a wide range of special educational needs, including those with complex autism and will further build on a reputation of high quality specialist support for young people with complex learning needs.
- Have significant experience of using recognised and appropriate teaching strategies for this group of learners.
- Be a team player who is able to motivate, lead and support teams of colleagues,
- Have excellent communication and inter-personal skills and be able to communicate effectively with parents, carers and liaise with other professionals,
- Be a professional with vision, creativity, drive and enthusiasm who will contribute to the development of our school,
- Be an individual who aspires for professional development and career development
If you think you are the right person and you want to make a difference to the lives of the children who will attend our schools we want to hear from you.
If you would like to arrange a visit to the school prior to interview this can be arranged by calling 01822 840379.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This vacancy is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The successful candidate will be required to apply for a disclosure at the enhanced level from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Southern Peninsula Services specialises in high quality residential and educational provisions for children between 7-19 who may have Learning Difficulties including SEMH and Autism. The safeguarding and wellbeing of our young people who may have experienced challenges in their lives is always paramount; along with encouragement to achieve their full potential.
Southern Peninsula Services currently have an educational setting, Quay View School and three Childrens Homes; we are also due to open another home in the Okehampton area this year and Tor View School in Tavistock which will specialise in children with severe learning difficulties and Autism.
All our locations situated within the Tamar Valley and West Devon localities. Please check on http://www.priorygroupsps.co.uk/ for some more information regarding our services.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, or you are applying to work within our Children’s Homes we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults.
Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer.