Job title: SEN Nurse
Location: Cheadle Hulme, SK8 6RQ, near Manchester Airport
Salary range: £32,564 – £36,182 per annum +benefits
Holidays: 25 Days per year in year one rising to 30 days per year after 5 years
Close date: 03/11/20
(Please note: We may close the advert before 3rd November depending on the volume of applications)
Here at Seashell Trust we provide care and education for children and young people (up to 25 years old) with severe, profound and complex learning difficulties and disabilities, sensory impairment and communication disorders and autism.
We are recruiting for a SEN College Nurse to provide and supervise the nursing support service within a multi-disciplinary team through the delivery of high quality care. This is a full time position, and the hours of work are 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday 8am – 4pm.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to join our dedicated professional team across the site.
Responsibilities will include: (full responsibilities can be found in the job description)
- Effectively managing and supervising a team of staff predominantly within an educational setting
- Providing specialist operational care, support and advice relating to children and young people with SEN whilst working as part of our multi-disciplinary therapeutic team
- Supporting the Lead Nurse in the planning, development and refining of the nursing service within the organisation
- Considerable SEN school / college nursing experience and demonstrable experience and training within team working, autonomous working and collaborative decision making
- Proven experience in pre-service assessment, care pathway/PCP planning, care delivery and outcome evaluation
- RGN and/or RSCN with relevant Specialist Nursing Degree/Dip in School Nursing or equivalent
Pension scheme, life assurance, annual performance linked pay increases, employee assistance programme, on site counselling, doggy day-care/grooming, on site gym, on site yoga and boot-camp, monthly street food vendors onsite, cycle scheme, long service awards, employee engagement forum, generous holidays, free parking and a beautiful campus with fantastic facilities all on one site!
We offer good career development opportunities with performance related pay to progress your salary depending on qualifications, training and experience.
About Seashell Trust
Seashell Trust runs an Outstanding (Ofsted) special School, and a specialist College together with 17 on-site residential homes for children and young people with complex learning disabilities, physical disabilities and multisensory impairments.
We provide a caring environment that is safeguarded and committed to promoting learning, respect and independence, as well as dignity for all of our students. As part of our safer recruitment policy, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check (no cost) and full references will be taken.
We value our employees and recognise the need to recruit, retain and develop highly skilled and committed talent who share our vision and values!
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria on the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
This charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
Please note, we may close the advert before 3rd November depending on the volume of applications received.