SEN Classroom Teacher and PHSE Co-ordinator – January start, full time
St. John’s, based on the London, Redbridge, Essex border, is a non-grant maintained Roman Catholic special school committed to providing outstanding education for students from 5-19 with a wide range of special educational needs including severe and complex learning difficulties, speech and language difficulties and ASD. Our Ofsted inspection judged us as a “good school “in which “teaching is exciting and well- planned.” Our pupils tell us that St John’s is a happy school in which they feel safe. We also provide education for students aged 19-25 in partnership with New City College. Our ideal candidate:
- Must have teaching experience in SEN and PHSE.
- Will be able to offer a range of teaching, learning, assessment and behaviour management strategies.
- Will have excellent communication skills and be able to work collaboratively with a range of partners, including LSAs, parents, colleagues and multi-agency professionals in order to meet students’ needs in a holistic way.
- Will be prepared to work with any age group from 5 to 25yrs old.
- Will support the school’s vision and ethos.
St John’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
For an application pack please email email@example.com or call 020 8504 1818
Explore our website at www.stjohnsrcschool.co.uk
Closing date for applications: Thursday 30th September midday
Interviews: week commencing Monday 11th October