Fair Ways School
Fair Ways are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
About Our Organisation:
At Fair Ways we believe in making a difference through passionate care, support and education. Together we aim to build an institution that makes a difference to society and leaves a legacy greater than ourselves and our contributions. Our values sit at the heart of everything we do; we measure our wealth by the difference we make, rather than the profit we make.
About our exciting Opportunity:
We are looking for a Science Teacher to work as part of our established and dedicated team at our SEMH School located on the outskirts of Southampton supporting around 20 young people. Our students will have all been identified as having complex and additional needs and as such are better suited to 1:1 or 2:1 learning and will have an individualised curriculum based on their specific needs.
Successful candidates will be ideally contracted to a 37.5 per week, term time only but part time applicants will be considered.
All candidates must have a full driving license and have access to the use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
About our specialist Service:
We recognise the importance of helping pupils to develop problem-solving skills to promote independence both in school and in the transition to adult life. We strongly believe in creating a person centred programme to meet each child’s needs. This not only captures the pupils learning needs but also addresses social, emotional and communication needs of children and young people and nurtures their independence and well-being. Students are placed with Fair Ways when most other mainstream or specialist schools have been unsuccessful. As such, they are likely to have been out of education for a long period of time, having exhausted multiple placements.
Basic Job Responsibilities:
- The successful applicant will work as a teacher delivering lessons across the curriculum (specialising in Science) and supporting the needs of the school on a day to day basis.
- The role requires teaching pupils on a 1:1 basis with some small group work delivering lessons for a variety of attainment levels from entry level to GCSE / Functional Skills.
- As the role of the teacher you will be required to plan schemes of work and carry out assessments to evidence pupil progress over time.
- You will be required to monitor the welfare of pupils and adhere to all safeguarding procedures promoted by the school.
Applicants will ideally possess the following personal skills:
- Be able to build strong healthy relationships with service users and staff as appropriate.
- Have experience of working and supporting children with Autism and associated needs or have a good level of transferable skills from another sector.
- Be resilient, forward thinking and adaptable
- The successful applicant will have the capability for supporting children with social and emotional behavioural needs within an educational environment.
- QTS / QTLS or equivalent teaching qualifications and / or be able to demonstrate the relevant experience in teaching.
- Demonstrate honest, understanding and proactive behaviour.
- Ensure that standards are set by providing a good example and offering suitable support and direction.
- Be happy and able to work as part of a supportive and experienced team
- Be open to undertaking additional training as required
- Previous teaching in SEMH is advantageous but not essential as the key quality is capability of building relationships on a 1:1 basis
About out Rewards:
Fair Ways offer a selection of fantastic rewards for our staff including: Employee Assistance Programme, Health Care Scheme*, Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme*, Service based additional annual Leave accrual, Bespoke training department, Education Grant Scheme*, Future Leaders Programme*, Staff Lottery
*Subject to qualifying period
Interested in the vacancy? Apply today! We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities. All details of the post are available on our Career page; https://isw.changeworknow.co.uk/fair_ways/vms/e/careers/search/edit.
Alternatively, please email recruitment on Recruitment@fairways.co to request an application pack. CVs will not be accepted.
Closing Date: Midday 8th July