Residential Team Leader (Fixed Term)
Location: Radlett Lodge School, Harper Lane, Radlett, Herts WD7 9HW
9 weeks/5 weeks (to be discussed at interview): 37 hours per week over 7 days (mixture of days, nights, weekdays and weekends)
4 week rolling rota
Grade: AS3 p3 to AS3 p8 – dependant on experience
Salary: £19,400 to £26,000 (per annum pro rata) – dependant on experience
Contract: Fixed Term (initially until August 2019 upon review)
Who we are looking for
We are currently looking for a Residential Team Leader with proven experience of working with children with special needs to join our Residential team. The role requires you to lead a developing team in the provision of residential care for our pupils and residential boarders here at Radlett Lodge School. You will be a highly motivated and confident Team Leader with experience of working in a senior position plus have strong administration skills.
What we are looking for
- Lead shifts and undertake a lead role in ensuring the care and welfare of each child in our care
- Provide guidance and support to all Residential Workers
- Staff supervision including training and supporting staff team
- Day-to-day organisation of rotas, timetables and staff cover
- Development of care practice, care plans and leisure activities
- Ensuring all policies, procedures, Risk Assessments and plans are in place
- Deputising for Senior Management Team as and when required
You may also have
- a personal connection to autism or a desire to work with people with autism
- real life experience supporting autistic adults or children with autism in a paid or voluntary capacity.
Where will you be working
Radlett Lodge School located in Hertfordshire. This school supports children with autism aged from 4 – 19 on a structured programme.
What we can offer you
- Excellent induction, training and development programme
- Autism specific reflective practice profession support
- Behavioural support training
- 24 hour access to online training
- Flexible shifts – weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Online staff discount scheme for a range of benefits
- Access to a 24 hour Employee Assistance counselling programme
- Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
To apply for this position please email email@example.com for an application form. Please note we do not accept CVs.
Applications for this job are sought from anyone who is suitably qualified and experienced for the role but particularly welcome from those with a diagnosis of autism or Asperger syndrome.
The NAS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and adults who use our services and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to complete the relevant safeguarding checks, including an enhanced DBS.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date: Friday 14th December 2018