Residential Support Worker
Salary Range: Grade 4.1 to 4.3 – £22,926 to £24,087 Full Time Equivalent
(Actual £19,870 to £20,876)
48 hours per week, 39 weeks per year, plus 6.07 weeks paid leave.
Rota will include evening work and two overnight sleep-ins per week.
Dawn House School
I CAN’s Dawn House School in Rainworth near Mansfield, Nottinghamshire is a day and residential non-maintained school which provides intensive and specialist support for children and young people aged 5 -19 years who have severe speech, language and communication needs (SLCN) and Asperger’s Syndrome. The 80 pupils receive the integrated therapy, education and care that they need to learn and develop independence.
Dawn House School received an ‘Outstanding’ rating from Ofsted in February 2018. Pupils receive full access to the national curriculum (pre-16) and an enriched curriculum that supports the transition to adulthood (post 16).
Residential pupils at Dawn House School board from Monday to Fridays during term time. There is capacity for 9 young people in two adjoining houses that can be joined by others for extended days, social events, and a variety of after school clubs.
The residential group are very much involved in planning for the residential provision and contribute to decisions made about their environment, activities, and all aspects of their care.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Plan, deliver and evaluate appropriate programmes of childcare and activities, keeping accurate records of events and progress.
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary team with teachers, speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, special support assistants and other residential staff ensuring that the individual needs of the pupils are met through a collaborative, multi-disciplinary approach.
- Assess individual needs to formulate Residential Care Plans and contribute to pupils’ Annual Reviews and Individual Education/Learning Plans.
- Take responsibility for the care, welfare, and safety of a group of pupils in a designated house/area.
- Complete Risk assessments in relation to individual pupils and activities/outings.
Dawn House School is a non-maintained residential specialist school for approximately 80 children and young people aged 5 to 19 years who have severe and complex speech language and communication difficulties and / or Asperger’s Syndrome with average cognitive abilities.
The last Ofsted Section 5 (February 2018) judged the provision at Dawn House to be ‘outstanding’ across all areas.
Dawn House School is one of I CAN’s two specialist schools which together provide intensive support for children aged 4 to 19. I CAN is the children’s communication charity. We are experts in helping children develop the speech, language and communication skills they need to thrive in a 21st century world.
For an informal discussion please contact Rebecca Baxter – Residential Manager on 01623 795 361.
Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack. To apply, please send your completed application form to email@example.com by the closing date. CVs will not be accepted.
Closing Date: Midday Monday 1st November
Interviews: W/C Monday 8th November
Dawn House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS, barred list and NCTL check.
Registered Charity Number 210031; Scotland Charity Number SC039947