WEST HEATH SCHOOL
Ashgrove Road, Sevenoaks, TN13 1SR
(Upper Key Stage 2/Lower Key Stage 3)
Monday-Friday 8.00am-4.00pm (Term-Time only, 39 weeks)
Salary-West Heath Teachers Pay Scale £25,715-£36,961 per annum
To start 1st September 2021
We require a dynamic, motivated, pro-active and well-organised individual to be a part of an exciting new team delivering a primary curriculum to year 7 students with a wide range of social, emotional or mental health needs. The successful candidate will have a direct impact on pupils’ lives, raising aspirations and improving opportunities for our young people.
The role will be demanding and challenging, but rewarding. A strong ability to teach a varied and flexible curriculum is essential and a knowledge of SEN strategies and programmes for special educational provision is desirable. The position will see you as part of a primary model in year 7, a key link to our upper KS2 provision and an essential member of our pastoral team as a form tutor.
All of our learners have EHCPs and as a school we are proud to promote the development of life skills and social development as equal to academic achievement. West Heath School work towards the end goal of helping students re-integrate into mainstream learning and preparation for adulthood.
- Full driving licence and use of own vehicle
- Qualified Teacher Status
- To be able to implement and deliver appropriate differentiated and personalised learning to KS2 and KS3 students.
- Create and deliver a primary curriculum
- Excellent team work skills, with a flexible, engaging and adaptable approach
- Proactive, creative and innovative
- Emotionally robust and resilient
- Free lunch and refreshments as well as free parking onsite
- Regular mentoring and coaching
- Regular training from internal and external experts
- Career progression opportunities
- Pension scheme
- Discounted venue hire for parties/weddings
- Employee Assist Support Line
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and interviews offered if successfully shortlisted. The application process will be closed should we be successful with our search.
We welcome applicants to arrange informal discussions and tours of the school (Covid-19 safety measures are in place for all visitors).
Closing date: 9:00 am 20th April 2021
Working at West Heath School involves close and unsupervised contact with vulnerable groups including children and as such is a regulated activity. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post (including an Enhanced DBS check)