Positive Behaviour Support Specialist (South London)
Full time – 52 weeks a year
Annual leave 33 days (inc bank holidays)
Salary dependant on level and relevant experience.
Position to commence as soon as possible.
Eagle House School, Mitcham is a ‘good’ (Ofsted Nov 2019) broad spectrum special school for pupils aged from 4 to 12 years who have a diagnosis of autism or Asperger Syndrome. We have a warm, mutually supportive and caring ethos with an enthusiastic and skilled staff team that is highly aspirational and committed to pupil welfare, progress and enhanced life chances.
We are seeking a Band 6/7 Positive Behaviour Support Specialist, to join our multi-disciplinary team comprising of speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, psychology, music and yoga therapy. The successful candidate will be required to work at our primary school in Mitcham, Surrey with some occasional travel to our secondary school in Sutton.
We are looking for a PBS Specialist who:
- Is highly motivated, passionate, dynamic and flexible
- Has a wide range of solutions to behaviour
- Has experience working with children and young people
- Has highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Has experience working collaboratively within multi-disciplinary teams
- Is seeking to further develop their skills and knowledge in working with young people with Autism
- Keeps up to date with research findings
- Gained previous relevant experience with autism and/or Asperger’s syndrome.
Main responsibilities will involve:
- Accountability that all behaviour support plans (BSP) are in place
- Developing and implementing ABA skill acquisition programmes in classes as needed
- Leading and managing positive behaviour techniques across school
- Working with a creative, enthusiastic, supportive and caring team of staff
- Supportive in-house Curriculum Access Team
- Supervision can be provided
- Our private Health Care Plan
- Company pension
Eagle House Group is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all of its employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
If you have high expectations of your pupils and want to work within a stimulating and motivating learning environment as part of a successful and supportive team, then please get in touch. For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit, please contact the school on 0208 687 7050 to speak to Alice Greaves.
For an application pack, please contact the Human Resources Department on 0208 770 7788 or email email@example.com. CVs will not be accepted; only applications submitted on the Eagle House Group application form will be considered.
Closing date: 23rd August 2020 Interview date: TBC