Pield Heath House School is a non-maintained day/residential school for children and young people aged 7-19 with severe learning difficulties, complex needs and associated speech and language disorders. We are a member of the British Institute of Learning Disabilities (BILD) and an accredited PBS School.
Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) Mentor
Hours: 41.5 hours per week, term time only + staff training days
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: NJC Scale Point 15 £24,607 per annum actual
We are looking for an experienced, passionate and dedicated PBS Coach/Mentor to work with our children and young people. The PBS Coach/Mentor will join our PBS Team in promoting the holistic development of independence and functional skills informed the principles of PBS (BILD). You will support and mentor staff to develop their understanding, knowledge and skills to enhance the support of children and young people. You will support us in providing a consistent person-centred approach in the delivery of high-quality services based on the principles of positive behaviour support.
The PBS team department is a friendly, motivated team who strive to provide high quality provision to students with a diverse range of needs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Evidence of professional experience and knowledge acquired through working in a school or social care setting with children and young people with a wide range of needs whose behaviour has been described as challenging.
- Enthusiasm and motivation to empower children and young people to lead more independent lives.
- Experience of working with people with a wide range of needs, helping people to overcome distressed behaviours and enabling individuals to overcome barriers in learning and achievement.
- A proven record of delivering positive outcomes for service users.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills – positive, motivational, professional, empathetic
- Strong oral and written communication skills
You will be supported in the role by the PBS Lead and will be part of the PBS Team. You will work closely with teaching and support staff embedding PBS practice, as well as instructing and supporting staff in the use of universal strategies to support the specific needs of children and young people
In return we can offer you:
- A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards.
- Excellent supportive staff committed to achieving exceptionally high standards.
- Continuous Professional Development Opportunities and Career progression.
- A welcoming friendly community providing opportunity to work with a fantastic group of young people.
Parking is available on site as well as nearby access to both train (Metropolitan and Piccadilly Lines) and bus services
Posts working with children and/or vulnerable adults will be subject to an enhanced DBS. Pield Heath House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be requested in advance for shortlisted candidates.
If you feel you have the skills, experience and drive to take on this role and become a member of our team, we would very much like to hear from you.
Further details can be found on our website; www.pieldheathschool.org.uk
Closing date for applications: Monday 7th June 2021
Interviews week beginning: Monday 14th June 2021