Step by Step School
Employer: Step by Step School
Location: Near East Grinstead, East Sussex
Banding: Band 6 (2/3 days per week) or Band 5 (full time)
Pay: NHS B5/6 pay scale (B6 pro rata)
Contract type: Band 6 Part Time. 2 years Fixed Term Contract in the first instance; Band 5 Full Time. 2 years Fixed Term Contract in the first instance
Join our caring, friendly and dynamic multi-disciplinary team who are passionate about promoting independence, identity, and wellbeing in our pupils and supporting and empowering families. Harness and develop your hands on paediatric assessment and therapeutic skills as part of our therapy team. We are looking for a part time B6 OT or a full time B5 OT to join our therapy team to deliver high quality, child centered therapy to our pupil cohort. Applications from NQTs welcome.
Step by Step is a successful, not for profit independent special school for children on the autism spectrum. We are located near East Grinstead in the beautiful Sussex countryside. The June 2018 Ofsted inspection graded the school as Outstanding in three categories and Good in one category. The pupil population combines students with complex needs and those who are on the moderate to severe end of the autism spectrum.
The School provides an individualised curriculum delivered through the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis for pupils aged 4 to 19. The school is currently registered for 32 pupils. The Therapy Team provide specialist, individualised and integrated therapy to pupils, working alongside class staff, teachers, behaviour analysts and other professionals associated with the school.
The successful candidate will have/need:
- Professional Qualified Occupational Therapy qualification to degree level
- HCPC Registration
- Evidence of post registration training with defined clinical area of expertise (ASD)
- Knowledge of assessment, planning and evaluating treatment
- Demonstrable experience in the school aged population
- Demonstrable commitment to Evidence Based Practice (EBP)
- Knowledge and experience of a range of interventions to support sensory difficulties, handwriting, fine and gross motor coordination, and independence in activities of daily living.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Passionate about supporting children and young people with autism
We offer our Occupational Therapists:
- The opportunity to work 1:1 with pupils within small class sizes
- Experience of planning and running therapy groups
- Completing community trips to support development of skills to promote community integration, safety, and independence
- Ongoing training and CPD opportunities
- Ongoing clinical supervision from a trained and experienced Occupational Therapist
- Working collaboratively with other professionals (e.g., Speech and Language Therapists; Physiotherapists)
- Training in Applied Behaviour Analysis
- The opportunity to work closely with the class teams through integrated occupational therapy targets in Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
You will join a supportive staff team where teamwork, flexibility and a positive personality are essential attributes. Come and join the team to help make a difference to the lives of our children and young people.
The closing date for this vacancy is 14th June 2021. Interviews will take place from 28th June 2021.
If you have any questions, or would like to discuss this position, please contact Sian Kelly (Therapy Lead): email@example.com
To apply for this position, please contact Clare Eastwood for an application pack: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.
Step by Step School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure will be conducted for the successful applicant.