A fantastic opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to join a friendly, multidisciplinary therapy team. In this unique role, you will benefit from fully funded training and development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge, working individually, within groups or via integrated therapy to provide specialist, direct and indirect therapy for pupils with autism and related disabilities.
Salary: £24,907 – £37,890 pa (Band 5/6) Dependent on experience) plus extensive CPD and benefits package
Contract terms: 34.75 hours per week – Monday to Friday, 9.00 to 16.30 (Tuesday to 17.30) Part time also considered
Annual Leave: 44 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
Based in the Jigsaw CABAS® School, you will work closely with other therapists and teachers to provide specialist direct and indirect therapy for pupils and young adults with autism and related disabilities. Your work will include addressing sensory processing difficulties, anxiety and emotional regulation difficulties, motor and perpetual skills and functional life skills.
You will make a difference by:
- Supporting and developing pupils’ daily living and life skills enabling them to access a range of opportunities in the world around them
- Encouraging pupils to develop self-help skills and promote their independence and wellbeing
- Helping to recognise and manage sensory processing difficulties and supporting pupils to regulate their sensory systems to enable them to access education
- Making recommendations and adaptations to the pupil’s space to support teaching staff to create a positive learning environment
We offer our Occupational Therapists:
- The chance to work in a friendly and supportive environment
- The opportunity of working 1 to 1 with pupils within small sized classes
- Experience of planning and running therapy groups
- The opportunity of working alongside teachers and implementing therapy interventions
- Training in behaviour analysis
- Registered Behaviour Technician qualification
- Funded membership of relevant specialist interest group/clinical excellence network
- Ongoing clinical supervision support from an Occupational Therapist Consultant
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- A recognised Occupational Therapy degree/qualification
- Health Care Professionals Council registration to practice
- Membership with the Royal College of Occupational Therapists
- 1-2 years proven experience working as an Occupational Therapist (ideally with children or within education)
- Knowledge of special educational needs and Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Experience in writing annual review reports to contribute towards Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP)
- A confident, caring and pro-active attitude
Jigsaw Trust is a registered charity committed to raising awareness of autism and to providing facilities, services and resources for the education, integration, guidance, assessment, outreach and support of people affected by autism.
The Trust manages the Jigsaw CABAS School rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted, educating pupils aged 4-19 years, JigsawPlus providing a specialist day provision that supports adults from the age of 18+, Café on the Park a social enterprise offering adults and young people a variety of work experience and volunteering opportunities tailored to their individual abilities and tolerances, and Jigsaw GARDENworks a horticultural enterprise enabling learners of all ages to embark on a range of outdoor activities.
Jigsaw CABAS School has one of the country’s leading experts in CABAS as our Director of Education and is the only fully CABAS accredited school in the UK.
FIND OUT MORE & APPLY:
To view the job description and download an application form to apply with, please visit our careers website at: https://jigsawtrust.co.uk/current-vacancies/
If you have any questions, you can contact the HR Department via email at email@example.com
Closing date: 14th August 2020
Jigsaw is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. All positions will require an enhanced DBS check (the cost of which will be paid by Jigsaw), ID check, satisfactory references and proof of qualifications.