OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST (Band 7)
Sheiling School, Thornbury is looking for a committed and enthusiastic Occupational Therapist. The right candidate will demonstrate a commitment to continual professional development, have a high level of mental and physical stamina and have a strong desire to make a difference to young people.
Actual Salary £19,082.43 to £25,156.58 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience
24 hours per week, over 3 or more days
Working Term-time plus 1.4 weeks staff prep/training per annum
12.6 weeks paid fixed holiday which includes bank holidays
Qualifications /Experience required:
- Recognised degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current registration of the HCPC
- Level 2-3 qualification in Sensory Integration Therapy (Assessment and Intervention)
- Trauma and emotional regulation experience
- Experience of direct work with children and young adults with Autism or sensory processing difficulties in an Occupational Therapy capacity
Specialist Knowledge required:
- Awareness of, and openness to, the Camphill/Steiner/Waldorf approach
- A thorough understanding of relevant medical conditions, terminology and medication.
- Sound knowledge of Occupational Therapy theory and practice relevant to working with children with special needs and their families.
- Knowledge of the roles of other professionals in health, social and education settings.
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to Occupational Therapy, education and social care.
- Clear understanding of relevant protection procedures and health and safety procedures
Start Date: ASAP
Closing date: 31 March 2022
Sheiling School in Thornbury, South Glos is a residential Steiner Special School for children with moderate to severe learning difficulties aged 6 to 19 and is part of Camphill Communities Thornbury. Our beautiful grounds on the edge of the town encompass several residential houses for children and adults, a school building, indoor and outdoor craft workshops and a swimming pool.
For an application pack and job description please see our website: www.sheilingschool.org.uk
Tel: 01454 412194
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.