Learning Support Assistant
Following an internal promotion, we are recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant to join us at Sheiling School. You will be working with children and young people with complex learning difficulties including autism.
Set in a lovely 30-acre rural setting in Thornbury, close to Bristol, on-site accommodation may be available if required.
What we offer
- 4 weeks worked, 6.6 weeks paid holiday inc. Bank Holiday allowance
- Perkbox benefits package, Employee Assistance Programme and 24/7 online access to medical professionals via Perkbox Medical
- Pension scheme
- Free onsite parking, subject to availability
About the job
- The main focus of this role is to facilitate learning across the broad curriculum and to facilitate the building of positive and appropriate relationships with peers. This may mean dealing with challenging behaviour.
- To assist the class teacher in delivering pupils’ education. This includes contributing to planning and preparation of differentiated resources and individual instruction.
- Support the class by working with individual pupils or small groups, with primary responsibility for an allocated pupil.
- You will have a keen interest and skills in supporting pupils’ learning across our broad curriculum; in the classroom, in craft workshops (green woodwork, pottery and handwork), in the swimming pool, outdoors in our school grounds and within our local community.
- You will have a good level of fitness and have a resilience to face challenges and challenging behaviour (experience preferred).
- Experience with learning disabled children or young adults would be a distinct advantage.
- Level 2 English and Maths Qualifications (C or above).
Hours and working pattern
The salary is £16,729.64 to £18,298.04 per annum, dependent on relevant experience and qualifications
37.5 hours a week working 8:30 to 16:30, Monday to Friday.
Closing date: 31 March 2022
For an application form and a full job description please visit our website at: www.sheilingschool.org.uk
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including thorough checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.