West Kirby School and College
Is looking to appoint an
HLTA, with a responsibility for developing Nurture within a current provision, around the six principles, to start January 2021
(Based on 35 hours per week/44.2 week contract)
WKS is a non-maintained charity special school for pupils with complex education needs. There are currently over 80 co-educational day and residential pupils on roll aged 6-19. Flexibility, humour and willingness to go the extra mile are essential for all staff to ensure a high standard of support for all our pupils.
- Be able to build sound, professional relationships with pupils
- Be committed to working with children with SEND
- Have experience of teaching pupils and enabling progress, you will be able to explain and demonstrate this
- Have a track record of successfully delivering learning opportunities to young people.
- Have knowledge of Autistic Spectrum Disorder and support children who display challenging behaviour
- Have a passion for developing children’s skills and learning
- Have had involvement in recording, developing, analysing and tracking pupil progress
- Be able to work in partnership with external agencies and schools
- Be committed to working within a team promoting exciting and creative learning
Closing date for receipt of applications: 9am Friday 6th November 2020
Interviews to be held week commencing 16th November 2020
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to rigorous recruitment checks and an enhanced dbs check.
Meols Drive, West Kirby, Wirral, Merseyside, CH48 5DH
Tel: 0151 632 3201 Fax: 0151 632 0621
Registered Charity No. 207790. Limited Company Registered No. 200018