St John’s Catholic School for the Deaf
Phone: 01937 84214
Fax: 01937 541471
Highly Specialised Speech & Language Therapist (Maternity Cover)
Term time only—3 days / 22.5 hours per week.
Fixed term to 31.07.21
AfC Band 7, points 26—32 (actual salary £17,916—£21,745per annum)
St John’s is a specialist residential and day school for deaf and hearing pupils from 4-19 years with speech, language and communication difficulties. A significant number of our pupils have complex needs and some have autism. Our school uses a spoken language dominant approach to develop pupils’ communication skills. A knowledge of sign language, either BSL or Makaton, would be an advantage.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a team of dedicated professionals who are committed to providing the very best life chances for our students.
We are looking for a highly specialised Speech & Language Therapist to:
- develop, implement and evaluate specialist programmes of therapy that meet the diverse needs of the school’s pupils
- work cooperatively within the Speech and Language Therapy team to provide assessments and intervention programmes
- work collaboratively with the school’s multi-disciplinary team to plan and deliver engaging curriculum interventions for speech and language
For further details, including a job description, person specification and application form, please contact Karen Holt Karen.email@example.com
- Closing date for applications – 4th December 2020 12.00pm
- Interviews : w/c 14th December; start date ASAP
St John’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. All staff are expected to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure and Barring Service and references regarding your suitability to work with children
Headteacher : Mrs A Bradbury
Charity Registration : 529319