Position: Head of School (SEN)
Salary: £57,292 to £63,658 per annum +Teachers’ Pension + Benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Location: Cheadle Hulme, near Stockport, Cheshire, Greater Manchester, SK8 6RQ
Close date: 24/11/19
Interview date: 04/12/19
Start date: September 2020
Seashell Trust is looking for an inspirational leader to join our innovative and ambitious organisation as the Head of Royal School Manchester due to the retirement of the current post-holder. Royal School Manchester has achieved 3 consecutive ‘Outstanding’ ratings in Ofsted inspections and is a member of the Manchester Teaching School Alliance. The school is part of Seashell Trust, which provides education and care for children and young people with severe, profound and complex learning difficulties and disabilities, sensory impairment and communication disorders and autism. The school shares a campus with the college and associated children’s and young adults’ homes and short break services.
The successful Head will work with a team of teaching support and therapy professionals in a well-resourced setting, and will work with the executive leadership team, governors and heads of services across the Trust to provide high quality education that delivers excellent outcomes for children and young people in preparation for adulthood.
- Qualified teacher status with practical understanding of curriculum design and current national developments
- Relevant further professional and managerial qualification
- Evidence of further appropriate and relevant Continuing Professional Development with particular focus on school leadership
- Specialist/mandatory qualification for SEN
- Dynamic leadership skills that deliver outstanding education to students within a SEN school setting
- Demonstrable effective teaching and learning methodologies
- Ability to lead and develop cross functional teams
- Ability to operate successfully in high pressure, and sometimes challenging, environments
- Previous experience managing budgets to deliver high cost services within agreed budget parameters
- Car driver, with access to own transport
Full job description available on request
Teachers’ Pension Scheme, on site gym, employee assistance programme, doggy day care/grooming service, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, free parking and generous holidays!
We provide an environment that is safeguarded and as part of our safer recruitment policy, successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check (no cost) and full references will be taken.
We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunities. Disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria on the person specification will be guaranteed an interview.
This charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
To apply please visit http://www.seashelltrustcareers.org.uk/Vacancies/Details/90535
or for more information please email email@example.com or call 0161 610 0125.