Food Technology Teacher
Dawn House School, Rainworth
Salary: Teachers MPS +SEN
Dawn House School and I CAN are looking for an exceptional subject leader to join our highly effective teaching team.
A new opportunity has arisen for a Food Technology Teacher. Your key priority will be to focus on the development of the Food Technology Curriculum across school.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Leading the provision of Food Technology across all key stages
- Developing and integrating remote/blended learning strategies into your subject
- Lead on developing an innovative and progressive Food Technology curriculum
- Raise the profile of Food Technology within the school and the wider community
- Develop schemes of work appropriate to the needs of students to maximize achievement, including external and cross-curricular links, establishing how excellence can be achieved and sustained
- Identify and adopt the most effective approaches for students with a wide variety of different needs
- Create development plans for the subject in line with the School Development Plan
- Reflect upon your policies and practices, considering how they reflect the school’s aims
- Keep a comprehensive subject leader file in order to keep track of the various strands of your role and the activities you undertake
- Liaise closely with the Deputy Principal and School Business Manager to ensure the effective use of budget and high quality resourcing.
The successful candidate will be expected to play a full part in the broader life of the School. This will include responsibility for a tutor group. This role is crucial in supporting the pastoral care of the pupils.
This is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding teacher to work with a multi-disciplinary team who are committed to delivering excellent outcomes for all pupils.
At Dawn House School we help those young people who find communication the hardest. We are looking for a Teacher of Food Technology who shares our belief that communication is at the heart of learning.
Dawn House School is a non-maintained residential specialist school for approximately 80 children and young people aged 5 to 19 years who have severe and complex speech language and communication difficulties and / or Asperger’s Syndrome with average cognitive abilities.
The last Ofsted Section 5 (February 2018) judged the provision at Dawn House to be ‘outstanding’ across all areas.
Dawn House School is one of I CAN’s two specialist schools which together provide intensive support for children aged 4 to 19. I CAN is the children’s communication charity. We are experts in helping children develop the speech, language and communication skills they need to thrive in a 21st century world.
For an informal discussion please contact Kelly Fedun (Deputy Principal) on 01623 795 361.
All details of the post and supplementary information is available to download from the I CAN website www.ican.org.uk/jobs. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack. To apply, please send your completed application form to email@example.com by the closing date. CVs will not be accepted.
Closing Date: Midday Monday 18th October
Interviews: W/C Monday 25th October
Dawn House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS, barred list and NCTL check.
Registered Charity Number 210031; Scotland Charity Number SC039947