Education Learning Support Assistants
Fair Ways School, Totton, Hampshire
About Our Organisation:
At Fair Ways we believe in making a difference through passionate care, support and education. Together we aim to build an institution that makes a difference to society and leaves a legacy greater than ourselves and our contributions. Our values sit at the heart of everything we do; we measure our wealth by the difference we make, rather than the profit we make.
About our exciting Opportunity:
Fair Ways are looking for Education Learning Support Assistants to support at our specialist Autism School located in Totton. In 2019, our school was the first in Hampshire to receive an Autism-friendly award from the National Autistic Society.
Successful candidates will be working a 37.5 per week, term time only.
All candidates must have a full driving license and have access to the use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
About our specialist Service:
We recognise the importance of helping pupils with autism to develop problem-solving skills to promote independence both in school and in the transition to adult life. We strongly believe in creating a person centred programme to meet each child’s needs adapting a unique ‘autistic curriculum’. This not only captures the pupils learning needs but also addresses social, emotional and communication needs of children and young people with autism, and nurtures their independence and well-being. Students are placed with Fair Ways when most other mainstream or specialist schools have been unsuccessful. As such, they are likely to have been out of education for a long period of time, having exhausted multiple placements.
Basic Job Responsibilities:
Our ideal candidate will:
- Support the needs of the school on a day to day basis, as well as supporting various students both onsite in lessons and offsite on activities.
- Complete and monitor the student assessments and participate in the implementation and delivery of each Individual Education Plan, in order to contribute to the achievement of the aims and objectives of each student.
- Assist Therapeutic Learning Practitioners or Teachers to carry out their duties effectively.
Applicants will ideally possess the following personal skills:
- Be able to build strong healthy relationships with service users and staff as appropriate.
- Have experience of working and supporting children with Autism and associated needs or have a good level of transferable skills from another sector.
- Be resilient, forward thinking and adaptable
- Either already have a Level 3 Teaching Assistant Award or equivalent or have a willingness to work towards one.
- Demonstrate honest, understanding and proactive behaviour.
- Ensure that standards are set by providing a good example and offering suitable support and direction.
- Be happy and able to work as part of a supportive and experienced team
- Be open to undertaking additional training as required
About out Rewards:
Fair Ways offer a selection of fantastic rewards for our staff including: Employee Assistance Programme, Health Care Scheme*, Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme*, Service based additional annual Leave accrual, Bespoke training department, Education Grant Scheme*, Future Leaders Programme*, Staff Lottery
*Subject to qualifying period
Interested in the vacancy? Apply today! We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities. All details of the post are available on our Career page; https://isw.changeworknow.co.uk/fair_ways/vms/e/careers/search/edit.
Alternatively, please email recruitment on Recruitment@fairways.co to request an application pack. CVs will not be accepted.
Closing Date: Midday Monday 25th June
Fair Ways are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.