Director of Social Care
Chailey Heritage Foundation, a Sussex-based charity, changes the lives of children and young people with complex physical disabilities and high health needs.
Through our residential, day and outreach services and our outstanding special school, we ensure that everyone has the opportunity to pursue their potential, no matter what challenges they face.
We expect all our staff to do the exceptional and we are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced professional who shares our values as our new Director of Social Care.
You will be joining us at a time when demand for our residential services is high and the charity is seeking to develop its capacity, so your creativity, vision and business skills will be required in equal measure.
In the words of our staff “OK is not good enough”, and you will play a pivotal role in taking our already strong social care services from “Good” to “Outstanding”. Our regulated services include
- a children’s home that provides boarding and short breaks for those attending our outstanding special school;
- Futures, a residential nursing home helping young people up to the age of 25 to make the transition into the adult world and
- Pathways, our new domiciliary care service.
As a key member of the Foundation Leadership Team, the Director of Social Care plays a key role, alongside a team of other Directors and senior managers, in the strategic direction, development and operation of the Foundation.
To succeed in this role
- You will be an ambitious and visibly inspirational leader, respected for your results, expertise and commitment.
- You will have significant experience of working as a senior manager within residential care and knowledge of legislation and regulations relevant to residential and domiciliary care for both childrens’ and adults’ residential services.
- You will be a great communicator, able to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders, from parents to governors and everyone in between.
- You will be comfortable working in an environment with vulnerable children and adults with high and complex medical needs – a resilient leader who handles risk calmly in sometimes pressured situations.
- You will have a track record of preparing and managing significant budgets, as well as growing income, optimising resources and securing efficiencies.
- You will understand funding for social care and health funding streams and have knowledge of the workings of Local Authorities and CCGs.
- You will be a skilful negotiator, able to achieve positive outcomes with third parties: ranging from our Regulators and Local Authorities to our NHS partners.
- You will build effective relationships with other directors, senior managers and their teams and together share responsibility for achieving the best outcomes for young people and for the future of the organisation.
What we are offering:
Salary Range from £65,000 to £75,000 depending on the calibre of the candidate. Competitive contributory Pension Scheme and benefits package.
Applications from suitably qualified candidates should take the form of a letter outlining how you meet the requirements for this role, no more than 2 pages of A4 in length. This should be submitted together with our standard application form.
We have created an appointment brief providing further details on this position and our expectations.
Please complete an application form and return this along with the covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to HR@chf.org.uk, alternatively please post your application and covering letter to:
Director, Human Resources
Chailey Heritage Foundation
Haywards Heath Road
The closing date for applications is: Monday 25th March 2019
Interviews will take place week commencing 29th April 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be offered an informal tour of Chailey Heritage Foundation.
Further details can be found here: https://www.chf.org.uk/jobs-dosc.html
Chailey Heritage Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults; as such an enhanced DBS disclosure is required.
Chailey Heritage Foundation is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all its young people and staff. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.