Digital Learning Lead
Dawn House School, Rainworth
Salary: Teachers MPS/UPS1 +SEN +TLR 2a
Dawn House School and I CAN are looking for an exceptional subject leader to join our highly effective teaching team.
A new opportunity has arisen for a Digital Learning Lead. Your key priority will be to focus on the development of the way digital technologies support teaching and learning across the school as well as in the subject of Computing and IT and teach IT across the school, up to and including BTEC.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Support subject departments to deliver high quality digital learning and teaching and effective use of digital resources.
- Provide guidance on existing systems and lead best practice, including time spent in classroom collaboration.
- Work with colleagues to identify and develop new tools.
- Identify training needs and support all staff to make best use of the systems available,
- Develop and oversee a digital learning strategy
- Keep up to date with and share ongoing developments
- Develop student initiatives to encourage student voice and leadership in this area
- Help deliver INSET and other peer support and training activities
- Work alongside the Deputy Head and School Business Manager, leading on ensuring that the software and hardware infrastructure of the School is capable of supporting the digital vision;
- Oversee online and blended learning, futureproofing the School in a context where learning must take place online;
- Work with the Safeguarding Team to implement a digital safety programme within the school,
The successful candidate will be expected to play a full part in the broader life of the School. This will include responsibility for a tutor group. This role is crucial in supporting the pastoral care of the pupils.
This is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding teacher to work with a multi-disciplinary team who are committed to delivering excellent outcomes for all pupils.
At Dawn House School we help those young people who find communication the hardest. We are looking for a Teacher of Computing who shares our belief that communication is at the heart of learning.
Dawn House School is a non-maintained residential specialist school for approximately 80 children and young people aged 5 to 19 years who have severe and complex speech language and communication difficulties and / or Asperger’s Syndrome with average cognitive abilities.
The last Ofsted Section 5 (February 2018) judged the provision at Dawn House to be ‘outstanding’ across all areas.
Dawn House School is one of I CAN’s two specialist schools which together provide intensive support for children aged 4 to 19. I CAN is the children’s communication charity. We are experts in helping children develop the speech, language and communication skills they need to thrive in a 21st century world.
For an informal discussion please contact Kelly Fedun (Deputy Principal) on 01623 795 361.
All details of the post and supplementary information is available to download from the I CAN website www.ican.org.uk/jobs. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack. To apply, please send your completed application form to email@example.com by the closing date. CVs will not be accepted.
Closing Date: 9 am Monday 19th April
Interviews: W/C 3rd May 2021
Dawn House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS, barred list and NCTL check.
Registered Charity Number 210031; Scotland Charity Number SC039947