Deputy Team Leader – Witham Prospect School, Norton Disney, Lincolnshire
Salary – £27,675.44 per annum.
Average Working Hours – 44.5 hours on a two-week rota (12-hour shift)
Closing Date for this Application: 22/04/2021.
About Witham Prospect School
Witham Prospect School is a newly established independent specialist residential care and education organisation that has been created to meet the needs of children and young people aged between 11 and 18 years who have severe and profound learning disabilities and who may also be on the autism spectrum, have complex care needs and behavioural concerns. We are situated on the outskirts of Norton Disney in Lincolnshire. Our ethos is to provide warm, safe and nurturing environments where children and young people entrusted to us are supported and enabled to achieve their full potential in all areas of their social, emotional, physical and academic development.
We are looking to recruit a Deputy Team Leader who is innovative, dynamic and highly motivated, who have an excellent understanding and experience of working and supporting children and young people with severe learning disabilities and complex needs. The deputy team Leader is responsible for working with the team leader to manage and oversee a high standard of care that enables us to support our children and young people’s practical physical, cultural, social and emotional development, using a person centred approach in order that they can achieve their full potential. The deputy team leader will also support the team leader to safeguard that a stable, happy and caring environment that puts the health, safety and welfare of our children and young people first is maintained at all times.
The successful applicant will have the following Essential Criteria:
- Must already hold at least level 3 NVQ or QCF for Children’s and Young People’s workforce in Health & Social Care.
- Previous experience as a deputy team leader.
- Excellent knowledge of Ofsted requirement.
- Must have an excellent understanding and experience working with children and young people with learning disability, autism and other complex care needs.
- Excellent working knowledge of safeguarding procedures and how to follow it.
- Able to act in a professional manner at all times ensuring professional boundaries are maintained.
- Medication administration trained and experience.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Self – Motivated, creative and keen to learn.
- Effective communication and motivation skills.
- Excellent leadership and supervising skills.
- A real desire and the capability to achieve the highest standards of care.
- Ability to work as directed and complete tasks to high standards.
- Must be enthusiastic, confident and resilient also be able to manage challenging behaviour.
As an employee of Witham Prospect School, you will benefit from:
- Working for an organisation that is fully committed to achieving the highest possible standards of care and education for our children and young people
- A fully paid two weeks induction prior to working with children and young people.
- Extensive training aimed at developing and enhancing skills further through the completion of fully Paid training day as part of your rota.
- Funded a minimum of QCF level 3 or Equivalent diploma award in Health and Social Care –Children’s Residential Care (if not already achieved).
- Opportunity to progress and grow within an innovative and progressive organisation.
- Enhanced rates of pay for relevant NVQ/QCF qualifications.
- An automatic pension scheme.
- Fully funded DBS Checks.
- Employee Assistance programme.
- Loyalty bonuses (length service award).
- Meals included.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people in our care. In line with our robust Safer Recruitment process the successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service background check and receipt of a minimum of two satisfactory references one which must be from most recent employer and also ability to provide documentation that confirms legal right to work in United Kingdom
For further information on this post or to obtain application form, please contact Lilian Akinyosoye, Human Resource Manager, at the following email address: email@example.com or phone 01522 789067.