Deputy House Manager, Children’s Home
Young People with Special Needs
Location: Cranleigh, midway between Guildford and Horsham
Annual salary range: £22,576 – £24,776
Join our team
We are a School, College and Children’s Home looking to recruit a Deputy Manager to join our dynamic residential team who work together to promote the care, development and potential of our young people.
You’ll need to be compassionate, and resourceful with care experience and the capability, confidence and leadership skills to deputise for the House Manager. You will take responsibility for the Home in the Manager’s absence and carry out leadership tasks that include recruitment, planning and training as well as communication with families and other external stakeholders.
You become part of a wider team of 300 staff that work to support our 70 students, some of which are residential. All our students are aged between 5 and 19 years with needs including autism, language and communication disorders and moderate to complex learning difficulties. The Children’s Home is comprised of 7 houses, each for between 2 and 6 of our young people aged 12-19 years.
- Have empathy for the needs of our young people and a desire to want to make a positive impact on their wellbeing
- Have a minimum of QCF level 3 in residential childcare and be willing to work towards level 5
- Have a good working knowledge of OFSTED requirements
- Be responsible for the emotional, social and physical need and guidance of young people within your care
- Be responsible for assessing, monitoring and recording the progress of our young people
- Be given regular supervision, mentoring and support
You will receive an excellent induction package with training and support given within our skilled and dedicated team.
You will need to be able to work 37 hours per week in a 4 week shift pattern including alternate weekends.
Why St Joseph’s?
- 33 days paid holiday including public holidays
- Annual performance related pay progression
- Free meals when on duty
- Free onsite car parking
- Comprehensive 5 day induction programme
- Employee assistance service (confidential, professional wellbeing and counselling 24/7 service)
- Local leisure centre discount on gym, swim and fitness classes.
- Support and payment for QCF level 5 qualification (if not already gained)
- Based on a beautiful 23 acre site on the edge of the Surrey Hills.
Deadline for applications is 12 noon on Monday 3rd June 2019.
How to apply
For an application pack (including form, job profile and person specification), please visit us at www.st-josephscranleigh.surrey.sch.uk/recruitment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Own transport desirable.
St Joseph’s Specialist Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This position requires an enhanced DBS disclosure.