St Joseph’s Specialist Trust, Cranleigh, Surrey
Class Teacher (Maternity cover)
Outstanding SEN School & College
£26,245 – £38,173 (qualified) + St Joseph’s allowance of £2,270
A challenging and rewarding opportunity has arisen for a talented, dynamic Class Teacher to join our fantastic, highly supportive education team for a fixed term maternity cover of one year, with an anticipated start date of June 2021 or September 2021, according to availability of the right candidate.
We are a Special School, College, Children’s Home and Adult Supported Living Houses with 270 staff. Our 70 students are aged 5 to 19 years old with severe social communication difficulties, complex learning disabilities and often challenging behaviours. Our education team, working with our integrated therapy team, enable the students to access and enjoy therapy based education.
You will lead a class of up to 14 students supported by a dedicated team including Therapists, Higher Level Teaching Assistants and TAs. This is an excellent opportunity if you are approachable and professional with empathy and understanding for the needs of our students. You will be encouraged and supported to further develop your skills and knowledge by undertaking regular CPD opportunities.
You‘ll need compassion, physical and mental resilience and the drive to make a real difference to the lives of our young people.
Term time school hours are: Monday 08.30-16.00, Tuesday – Thursday 08.30 – 16.15 and Friday 08.30 – 15.45.
What are we looking for?
- Common Sense: you will need work in a team and dynamically risk assess challenging situations to keep yourself and others safe.
- Excellent Communication skills: you need to be able to communicate effectively with staff, children, families and professionals.
- Patience: you will need to adapt to the pace of each individual young person and be able to remain calm when faced with anxious, emotional or frustrated behaviours, some of which would be deemed unacceptable elsewhere.
Why St Joseph’s?
- Team Teach positive behaviour support training
- Free hot lunch during term time
- Generous pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Induction programme
- Employee assistance service (confidential, professional wellbeing and counselling 24/7 service)
- Local leisure centre discount on gym, swim and fitness classes
- Based on a beautiful 23 acre site in a semi-rural area on the edge of the Surrey Hills (own transport is desirable)
Some of our students may need personal care. By joining St Joseph’s you become a key worker.
How to apply
Candidates must submit a completed application form. For an application pack (including form, job profile and person specification), please visit us at www.st-josephscranleigh.surrey.sch.uk/recruitment or email us at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 1st March, 2021.
St Joseph’s Specialist Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This position requires an enhanced DBS check