Children’s Residential Support Worker
Earn up to £28,500 including sleeping in and overtime (£24,231 basic)
Sometimes it pays to sing our own praises and we believe that this is one of those times. We are looking for suitable and capable people to become a part of our highly professional team and the best way to convince you to make an application is to attempt to get you to understand our culture together with why you would benefit from working for The Mulberry Bush. Related experience is not necessary as we are prepared to provide comprehensive training and support.
- we are confident that we offer the best terms and conditions of employment in our sector;
- you will be entitled to 50 days’ holiday each year – it may suit you to take them during school holidays or at other times of the year. We have the flexibility to meet either choice;
- we will pay overtime at premium rates plus sleeping-in allowances and supplementary payments when you take on additional responsibilities;
- the ongoing wellbeing, health and safety of our team is at the very core of our culture. We provide a comprehensive range of informal and formal support and benefits to everyone at The Mulberry Bush;
- we believe we have created outstanding, highly effective development and education programmes to ensure that everyone here is suitably skilled and competent to meet the demands of our environment;
- there is a genuine sense of pride in and belonging to what we believe is the very best therapeutic community for children.
And what will the role involve? You’ll be working alongside children who are facing extreme challenges in their lives. We are there to have a positive impact on them and their futures and you will be at the heart of the culture, support and activities we provide to them. Determination, patience and resilience are the qualities you will need to cope with the frustrations that will arise in your work. Equally, however, there will be considerable reward and satisfaction. It should be noted that you will be expected to sleep-in but, as mentioned, you will receive an allowance for doing so.
It’s vital that our children experience a diverse community with a range of role models and a rich cultural mix. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and communities and we’d love you to join us on our journey.
The Mulberry Bush is a therapeutic community, registered as a children’s home and a non-maintained residential special school. It was founded more than seventy years ago and, since then, we have established an outstanding reputation for transforming the lives of all those affected by childhood trauma. Our belief is that we offer something special and we hope that you will want to become an integral part of it. To find out more, please come along to one of our visit days which will allow you to understand more about the role as well as the work we do. Please email Lucy Lowe for details of when the next visit days are scheduled.
The job description and person specification for this role are available from Lucy Lowe or by clicking on this link: https://bit.ly/MBO_CRSW
(please note that CV’s cannot be accepted as an alternative). Once completed, the application form should be emailed to Lucy Lowe at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lucy will also be able to answer any questions you may have as well as provide any further information required.
The Mulberry Bush School is an equal opportunities employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be able to provide evidence of having the right to live and work in the UK and be prepared to undertake a criminal background check by the DBS.
Closing date: 27th May 2022