St John’s Catholic School for the Deaf
Church Street, Boston Spa, West Yorkshire
Phone: 01937 842144
Chef Manager with School Experience
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a talented, food and client focused Chef Manager all with a focus on fresh food, quality and presentation. This is a hands-on role involving the full control of all aspects of the catering department and producing innovative dishes for students and staff on site.
The ideal candidate must have exceptional management, organisational and inter-personal skills. You will have a proven track record of having worked in catering at a manager level. You will be financially astute, able to manage and work to budgets and lead by example.
You must be an efficient and imaginative cook, with good communication skills and have sound financial acumen and ideally have experience working in a school.
This is a Monday to Friday, term time only plus 3 weeks during the holidays.
Salary: £22,983 to £24,877 for 37 hours per week.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- To oversee the preparation and presentation of quality food for up to 100 students.
- Ensure a high standard of student feeding across lunch period, including a restaurant and some functions.
- To manage all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Manage a small team to deliver an excellent service, monitoring the performance and providing training and coaching as necessary.
- Ensure financial documentation and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally within a school environment.
- Excellent managerial skills and experience of managing a team within a kitchen
- Good communication skills, ability to use sign language an advantage
- Good financial awareness
- Personal innovation and passion
- Knowledge of Supervisory Food Hygiene and Health & Safety
- City & Guilds 1 & 2 Catering or NVQ equivalent
For further details and an application pack contact Sarah Nicholls firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date for applications – 8th January 2021 12.00pm
- Interviews : w/c 11th January 2021
- Start date 15th March 2021
St John’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. All staff are expected to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure and Barring Service and references regarding your suitability to work with children
Headteacher: Mrs A Bradbury
Charity Registration: 529319