Assistant Principal (Quality of Education)
Starting in April 2020
Actual salary = £48,204.00
Exeter Deaf Academy (“the Academy”) is a charity that provides essential specialist education and residential care to Deaf young people. We are at an exciting time in our history as we build a brand new world-class Deaf Academy in Exmouth, Devon, due to open in April 2020. This facility will help our amazing Deaf students thrive. It will break down barriers to Deaf young people, bring communities together and enable families to thrive.
The Academy provides nurturing education and care tailored to the individual needs of Deaf young people. The sense of belonging to an inspiring bilingual community transforms students as they develop language skills and journey towards independence and fulfilling their own potential.
Reporting into the Co-Principal (Education), we are looking to recruit a committed and ambitious professional, who is dedicated to improving the quality of Education and outcomes for our learners during their time with the Academy beyond into the future.
We are looking for a candidate to drive improvement in literacy standards, have outstanding teaching ability, effective people management skills and the commitment to drive the improvement in quality, then this exciting opening is for you.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- The commitment and ambition to help drive the Academy forward in being a leader in Deaf Education.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to inspire both staff and students.
- The drive to raise standards and improve quality.
- The commitment and tenacity to improve the use of data.
- The ability to support others in working as a team with the goal of improving achievement in English and Maths.
- An understanding of “Narrowing the gap analysis” and how to put this into practice.
- An enthusiasm and ability to lead on our Gifted and Talented program.
We will offer:
- A highly competitive salary and benefits package.
- Long-term career development within a forward thinking and innovative organisation.
- Sponsorship to achieve the Teacher of the Deaf qualification and BSL qualifications up to level 3.
- The chance to work within a modern and vibrant environment, which has been designed to vastly improve the learning opportunities for Deaf young people.
- The opportunity to join a committed team of professionals working together to secure high achievement for all our students.
- A unique chance to become part of an exciting development in Deaf Education and Care.
Previous experience of working with deaf young people or the ability to use British Sign Language is not essential, although if appointed you will be expected to commit to working towards the BSL level 3 qualification.
Terms & Conditions: 37 hours working week with an entitlement to 45 days annual leave. Working hours can be flexible where operations allow.
Closing date for applications: Friday 22 November at 12pm
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults; as such an enhanced DBS disclosure is required.
The Academy is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all its students and staff.
(Registered Charity No. 1124523).