6th Form Tutor – Horticulture or Woodwork (Full or part time)
Sheiling School is seeking to recruit a 6th Form Tutor – Horticulture or woodwork to take on this senior role in our school in Thornbury. We are looking for a dynamic person who is able to drive forward the Sixth Form provision at the school to outstanding.
About the role:
- Coordinate the planning and delivery of the 6th Form provision and manage the provision of each pupil.
- Lead horticulture or woodwork provision across the wider school where appropriate maintain an overview of Individual Learning Pathways ensuring a balanced, holistic curriculum for each student.
- Support students towards relevant accreditation where possible, including delivering Functional Skills Level English and Mathematics qualifications.
- Arrange and co-ordinate all work placements, and associated procedures and practices.
- Monitor student attendance, registration and behaviour, report to the Education Leadership Team to address any related issues, be responsible for parent contact on a regular basis, and contact with wider professional groups as required for each pupil.
- Prepare annual review paperwork, attend annual reviews, and complete appropriate reporting as required to a high standard and provide effective SMSC education, including SRE and British Values, alongside monitoring and ensuring continuing personal development and emotional wellbeing.
- Oversee transitions meetings and plans, and facilitate the development of future placement plans.
For a full job description contact the HR department on email@example.com
- Diploma or Degree level qualification in Education or Teaching
- Experience of teaching horticulture relevant to the 6th Form provision
- A minimum of 3 years experience in SEN, including managing challenging behaviour
- Knowledge or previous experience of educational principles of Rudolf Steiner desirable
Salary and hours:
- Salary £21,115.00 to £36,285.00pa for the full time position, depending on qualifications and relevant experience
- 37.5 hours per week, Part time may be considered
- 12.6 weeks holiday, which includes an allowance for bank holidays
Closing date: 31st January 2022
Sheiling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references from previous employers and a DBS check at an Enhanced level, including the Barred Lists