Employer: Step By Step School
Salary: Starting from £22,000 per annum (based on experience)
Hours: Full time – Mon – Thursday 8.45 – 5.00. Friday early finish at 4.30pm, 42 weeks a year.
Closing: 5th January 2024
Telephone: 01342 811852
Joining bonus of £1000 upon completion of probation (direct applications only, not through agencies)
Step by Step is a successful, not for profit independent special school for children on the autism spectrum. We are located near East Grinstead in the beautiful Sussex countryside. Our October 2022 Ofsted inspection graded the school as Outstanding.
We need enthusiastic people to join our team of dedicated staff to deliver individualised programs of education to our pupils of Primary, Secondary and Sixth Form ages. We are keen to hear from individuals who have worked with children and young people with autism using a behavioural approach, although full training will be provided. You will need a well organised approach, good planning skills, and an appreciation of Health & Safety.
To be considered you will ideally have some or all of the following:
- Have experience of working with children or adults with special needs
- Have good written and verbal communications skills
- Be able to work as a team, yet still able to act on your own initiative
- Be prepared to work with children who may have challenging behaviours.
All applicants will be required to complete an application form. CV’s will not be accepted.
The deadline for the application is: 5th January 2024.
What we offer:
- Friendly and dedicated staff
- Excellent career progression and training
- Generous annual leave
- Onsite gym (free to use after hours)
- Free parking on-site
- Employment assisted programme
- Mental health and wellbeing friendly
For more information about the role, or for an application form, please visit our website: https://stepbystepschool.org.uk/job-vacancies
Step By Step is committed to Safeguarding children – all candidates will require an Enhanced DBS Clearance. Candidates who have lived abroad may require an overseas police check.
Our Child Protection policy can be found on our website along with our policy on employing ex-offenders.
All positions offered are subject to two references.