Employer: St Edward’s School
Closing: 12noon, 1st March 2024
‘Make yourself necessary’ and develop your career at St Edward’s School.
St Edward’s is a specialist and innovative school, for boys aged 9 – 18 who experience social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Consistently rated by Ofsted as Outstanding or Good.
Our current Occupational Therapist is relocating. We are, therefore, seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Occupational Therapist who is knowledgeable and confident in their practice.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in schools and with SEN pupils, particularly with Autism and SEMH. Pupils often have associated learning difficulties including Dyslexia and Dyspraxia as well as anxiety issues. The candidate will be sensory integration trained and have a good understanding of working with children who have SEMH needs and behaviours that challenge.
Salary: commensurate to experience. Annual pro rata salary is £26,422 to £43,706. (52 week FTE is £30,197 to £49,950.)
Contract: Permanent, 39 hours per week, term time only. (08:00 – 16:30 Mon to Thurs, 08:00 – 15:30 Fri.)
Start date: April 2024. Negotiable subject to notice/availability.
Application deadline: 12noon, 1st March 2024
Please note that we may close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applicants.
Essential requirements to be successful in the role are:
- Demonstrable success in offering Occupational Therapy Services to children with SEMH/ASC.
- Minimum of 2 years’ post qualification experience.
- HCPC Registered.
- Excellent attention to detail and proactive in proposing service development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A flexible, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to engage children with SEMH needs.
As an established and innovative school, set in 200 acres of beautiful Hampshire countryside, there are fantastic opportunities for the right person.
Benefits and Support
- Focus on staff well-being.
- Employee Assistance Programme (legal and tax advice, stress counselling and health information).
- Experienced staff working together for the benefit of pupils. High staff retention has fostered a welcoming and cohesive community.
- Free lunch provided during term time.
- Free on-site parking.
- Full induction package, supportive CPD and excellent career progression opportunities. We encourage staff to pursue advancement in their own professional development.
- Positive teaching environment where the staff believe that it is possible for all pupils at the school to develop and grow as learners and young people.
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme.
- Use of school facilities, including a Fitness Suite, Swimming Pool, Sports Hall and Multi-Purpose Games Area, outside of school hours.
- Very well-resourced, welcoming and supportive environment.
St Edward’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks. Online searches are conducted on all shortlisted candidates. This may include search engines and social media platforms.
St Edward’s is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Please visit our website for an application pack: https://www.stedwardsschool.co.uk/
Please note: CVs are not an acceptable alternative to a fully completed application form.
We strongly encourage candidates to visit and view the school’s website before submitting an application.