Identifying and Investigating Allegations of Professional Abuse Training
2nd November 2021, via Zoom
What is the difference between an allegation and a complaint? What if the person isn’t our employee? What are the implications of the changes to KCSIE 2020 part 4 and what about keeping records afterwards?
NASS are holding a one day virtual training event via Zoom for Identifying and Investigating Allegations of Professional Abuse on 2nd November 2021. Timings for this online training will be 9.15 am (9:30 am start) to 3:30 pm.
This training event is suitable for members of the school leadership team, heads of department and / or HR officers who may in the future refer, be asked to investigate, or oversee an investigation of, an allegation against a member of staff or volunteer.
To equip delegates with the skills and understanding to recognise allegations of professional abuse and undertake robust disciplinary investigations.
By the end of the course, delegates will:
- be able to describe a range of behaviours that could be considered ‘allegations of professional abuse’
- be familiar with the statutory guidance and relevant legislation, including time-scales and record-keeping
- review and, if necessary, update their own policy and procedures to ensure best practice
- have a sound understanding of the role and responsibilities of an investigating officer
- be able to plan then undertake an efficient investigation and draw conclusions confidently
- appreciate when suspension may be appropriate, and possible alternatives to suspension
- understand which circumstances invoke the legal duty to refer to regulatory bodies
To receive your certificate you must be in attendance for the whole event. Certificates will be emailed to participants following the completion of the training and receipt of a completed evaluation form.
About the Presenter
Carolyn is a highly experienced and skilled trainer in the field of child protection and safeguarding. She has already run very successful training programmes for Designated Safeguarding Leads and Safer Recruitment within our sector and will work closely with NASS to ensure that this course meets our need.
All fields marked with a * are mandatory
Terms & Conditions
Full payment is required at the point of booking.
Our invoice terms are strictly payment within 30 days of the date of the invoice.
Bookings are non-transferable but delegate substitutions will be accepted.
50% of delegate fee will be refunded for cancellations received by Friday 22nd October 2021.
After this date no fees are refundable for cancellation or non-attendance.
All cancellations must be confirmed in writing by email.
We reserve the right to cancel a course due to insufficient numbers.
In the unlikely event that NASS have to cancel an event, our liability in the event of cancellation is limited to a full refund of the event fee only.
Booking Deadline: 25th October 2021
Booking Cancellation Date: 22nd October 2021