“Keeping children safe in education” is statutory guidance for all schools and FE colleges including independent schools and academies. The current guidance states that designated safeguarding leads (DSLs) and their deputies must attend refresher training at least every two years and update their knowledge, skills and understanding at least annually.
To give opportunities for experienced designated staff to update their skills, knowledge and understanding of Child Protection and safeguarding within the context of provision for children with additional needs
- To provide an update on recent changes in national and local procedures, policy and practice particularly in relation to ‘Keeping children safe in education’ Sept 2019 and ‘Working together to safeguard children’ 2018
- To understand the recent transition to local multi-agency partnerships and the impact these changes may have on schools
- To consider the additional challenges faced by specialist settings in safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children with SEND
- To identify the mechanisms Designated staff and other school leaders should have in place to assist staff to understand their responsibilities for safeguarding and protecting children
- To consider the impact of data protection legislation on child protection record keeping / information sharing and implement best practice
This event is suitable for designated staff (and deputies) that have previously attended appropriate DSL training and are now looking for a refresher.
This is a full day time commitment, please book your travel to accommodate the timings. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Certificates will be issued at the end of the day.
About the Presenter:
Carolyn is a highly experienced and skilled trainer in the field of child protection and safeguarding. She has already run a very successful training programmes for Designated Teachers and Safer Recruitment within our sector and will work closely with NASS to ensure that this course meets our needs.
EVENT LOCATIONThe Priory Rooms,
40 Bull Street,