Established Designated Safeguarding Lead Refresher Training 16th March 2021
“Keeping children safe in education” is statutory guidance for all schools and FE colleges including independent schools and academies. The current guidance states that designated safeguarding leads (DSLs) and their deputies must attend refresher training at least every two years and update their knowledge, skills and understanding at least annually.
NASS will be holding a virtual Established Designated Safeguarding Lead Refresher training event via Zoom on 16th March 2021. Timings for this online training will be 9.15 am (9:30 am start) to 12:45 pm.
To give opportunities for experienced designated staff to update their skills, knowledge and understanding of Child Protection and safeguarding within the context of provision for children with additional needs
- To provide an update on recent changes in national and local procedures, policy and practice particularly in relation to ‘Keeping children safe in education’ Sept 2020 and ‘Working together to safeguard children’ 2018
- To understand the recent transition to local multi-agency partnerships and the impact these changes may have on schools
- To consider the additional challenges faced by specialist settings in safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children with SEND
- To identify the mechanisms Designated staff and other school leaders should have in place to assist staff to understand their responsibilities for safeguarding and protecting children
- To consider the impact of data protection legislation on child protection record keeping / information sharing and implement best practice
This event is suitable for designated staff (and deputies) that have previously attended appropriate DSL training and are now looking for a refresher.
About the Presenter
Carolyn is a highly experienced and skilled trainer in the field of child protection and safeguarding. She has already run very successful training programmes for Designated Safeguarding Leads and Safer Recruitment within our sector and will work closely with NASS to ensure that this course meets our need.
Terms & Conditions
Full payment is required at the point of booking.
For invoices, a purchase order or a purchase order number is required at the point of booking
Places cannot be guaranteed for bookings not accompanied by payment or purchase order/purchase order number.
Where booked with a purchase order, our invoice terms are strictly payment within 30 days of the date of the invoice.
Bookings are non-transferable but delegate substitutions will be accepted. However, the person replacing the delegate must have previously completed DSL/DSL Refresher training.
50% of delegate fee will be refunded for cancellations received by Friday 5th March 2021.
After this date no fees are refundable for cancellation or non-attendance.
All cancellations must be confirmed in writing by email or letter as noted above for booking.
We reserve the right to cancel a course due to insufficient numbers.
In the unlikely event that NASS have to cancel an event, our liability in the event of cancellation is limited to a full refund of the event fee only.