Changes to DBS Filtering Rules briefing – via Zoom
Tuesday 8th February 2022
1:15 pm (1:30 pm start) to 3:00 pm
On the 14th September 2020, the House of Commons passed the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020, which has been described as the most significant change to criminal record disclosure since 1975.
The new rules are extremely complicated; employers have a number of responsibilities including:-
- to inform potential applicants of the new filtering rules
- to ask the correct questions on self-disclosure forms and at suitability interviews
- to provide applicants with the contact details of organisations who can provide impartial advice on what should or should not be included on a self-disclosure
- to destroy any records or notes relating to criminal information at the point that it becomes protected / filtered
- to ensure that recruiters understand what can and cannot be taken into account when making recruitment decisions, including offences that will be filtered even though they are unspent
Carolyn Eyre will be presenting a briefing, via Zoom, which looks at the Supreme Court judgment that led to the new rules and the main changes that member organisations will need to make to current recruitment procedures.
As this is a virtual event you will require audio/visual capability i.e. desktop with webcam plus headphones and a microphone or laptop/device with microphone and camera. Delegates will be required to have their camera on during the training.
This event is only open to NASS members.
Terms & Conditions
The delegate fees shown are per person.
At the point of booking, payment can be made via credit/debit card or an invoice can be requested.
Our invoice terms are strictly payment within 30 days of the date of the invoice.
Bookings are non-transferable but delegate substitutions will be accepted.
50% of delegate fee will be refunded for cancellations received by 24th January 2022.
After this date no fees are refundable for cancellation or non-attendance.
All cancellations must be confirmed in writing by email.
We reserve the right to cancel a course due to insufficient numbers.
In the unlikely event that NASS have to cancel an event, our liability in the event of cancellation is limited to a full refund of the event fee only.
Deadline for receipt of bookings: 28th January 2022
Deadline for receipt of cancellations: 24th January 2022