Changes to DBS Filtering Rules briefing
Tuesday 28th September 2021
1:15 pm (1:30 pm start) to 3:00 pm
On the 14th September 2020, the House of Commons passed the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020, which has been described as the most significant change to criminal record disclosure since 1975.
The new rules are extremely complicated; employers have a number of responsibilities including:-
- to inform potential applicants of the new filtering rules
- to ask the correct questions on self-disclosure forms and at suitability interviews
- to provide applicants with the contact details of organisations who can provide impartial advice on what should or should not be included on a self-disclosure
- to destroy any records or notes relating to criminal information at the point that it becomes protected / filtered
- to ensure that recruiters understand what can and cannot be taken into account when making recruitment decisions, including offences that will be filtered even though they are unspent
Carolyn Eyre will be presenting a briefing, via Zoom, which looks at the Supreme Court judgment that led to the new rules and the main changes that member organisations will need to make to current recruitment procedures.
This event is only open to NASS members.
All fields marked with a * are mandatory
Terms & Conditions
Full payment is required at the point of booking.
Our invoice terms are strictly payment within 30 days of the date of the invoice.
Bookings are non-transferable but delegate substitutions will be accepted.
50% of delegate fee will be refunded for cancellations received by Friday 17th September 2021.
After this date no fees are refundable for cancellation or non-attendance.
All cancellations must be confirmed in writing by email.
We reserve the right to cancel a course due to insufficient numbers.
In the unlikely event that NASS have to cancel an event, our liability in the event of cancellation is limited to a full refund of the event fee only.
Booking Deadline: 20th September 2021
Booking Cancellation Date: 17th September 2021