NASS has launched the first ever SEND Incubator: a package of support designed to turn your school’s promising ideas into fully-fledged ‘services’, that can be shared commercially or charitably to benefit more children and young people with SEND. This is only open to NASS Members.
We have seen some brilliant, innovative ways of supporting children with SEND in NASS member schools. Our aim is to help our schools develop this promising new practice, evidence its impact, and share it – either as a costed service or for free – across other special and/or mainstream schools.
As this is the first ‘Incubator’ of its kind, we are open to a wide range of ideas. You might have:
- a particular model of delivering support or learning that is working wonders
- a piece of software or technology your school has developed that is helping improve outcomes for children and/or families
- an intervention, service, training programme or product that is having a positive impact for children with SEND
If your school has an idea, approach, product or service that is showing promising impact for children with SEND, then we want to hear from you!
Successful applicants will get a tailored programme of workshops, one-to-one support, and expert input to develop their innovation from Sept 2019 to May 2020, with ongoing support for rolling out the innovation beyond that. By summer 2020 they will have:
- a refined and developed product, approach or service
- a clear plan for scaling it up, evaluating its impact, and becoming financially sustainable, and
- routes towards ongoing funding and support.
This is a great opportunity for NASS members to be part of a ground-breaking and high profile project – we look forward to receiving your applications!